DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from work and was hearing a awful sound from the rear brakes. I didn't take my wheel off but put my hand in there and realized the rotors are pretty much shot. The front are still good, how does the rears go bad before the front? I still have original pads and rotors with 73000 miles. Could my calipers be frozen? 2005 ram 1500

·
Registered
348 Posts
You got a lot more mileage out of your brakes and rotors than I did, so you are doing something right. A while back, had a nasty grinding sound coming from the rear. My issue was the lining separating from the backing on the emergency brake. If I remember, it was a bitch to replace and had to get those little shoes from the dealer, about $90. I'm here in Jersey too, and if your brakes drag, it is most likely the sliders losing their grease and gumming or pitting. My 2004 calipers are fine and I have replaced the front brakes twice and the rears once.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I just rebuilt my front calipers because one piston was frozen and chewing the rotors

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
You'll probably have to turn the rotors or get new ones if they are out of tolerance, but you may want to look at the caliper and make sure it's not stuck. Rebuild them is easy too. Clean them up good, and you should be good for another 75K..

My fronts didn't last 40K miles. I went through 2 pads up front before replacing the rear.

My wife's durango, I did like 4-5 maybe pads up front before I just did the rears at 120K miles.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rotated my tires yesterday, and looked at all 4 corners. They are all pretty shot, the rears the worst. Order my brakemotive set up this morning, and got a tracking number already. I hope they work out, read alot of feedback about them on this forum. $210 shipped isnt to bad. Will keep you posted hopefully do it this weekend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390411249191

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.