DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an axle bearing go out on their 3rd gen? Did you fix it yourself? Care to share the experience?

·
Tape On
829 Posts
Unless you have modifications or did not transfer the OEM warranty when you bought it or have more than 70,000 miles, let the dealer handle it. Other than that, it's not too major of a repair as long as it's just the bearing.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outer axle bearing on the right hand side. The carrier bearing sounds like it needs an adjustment, as I am getting a little whine, but for now I need to swap the outer axle bearings. I'm sure my axle hitting the frame isnt helping the situation any.

I was just wondering if anyone had had theirs done on the 3rd gens yet. I haven't read much where they have. I'm going by the dealer today to see if it can get covered, if not ill be driving to Gonzales.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am taking donations....... I have the funds for the step notch......should be in by next weekend.

:)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,
Its not the axle bearing, finally did the shake test.........I think now it may be the leafspring bolt isnt tight enough, and is moving side to side on me.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the freggin tailgate hinge. The damn thing is about to fall off. I've been shaking the crap out of my truck for a week now looking for the freggin problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.