DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i dont own a charger but i want to get the rear axle out of one either the srt8 or out of the 5.7L to put in my 67 cuda. does any one have any specs on it like ring gear size, how wide the whole thing is, how much power they can take, even what the axle is (ie. dana 44). Thanks for any info

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
I do know that the SRT8's came with a steeper gear ratio but not much. I believe it's a 3.08 gear ratio but not a single rear axle came with a LSD and those are over $1000. I haven't heard too many good things about the half shafts being able to handle more than the stock 6.1's power rating.

I think the rearends in the Challengers are the exact same but they have optional 3.73's; 3.92's; and a LSD as well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
half shafts? arent they soild axles in those cars and getting a LSD wont be a problem

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
NO solid rear axle. They have IRS(Independent Rear Suspension). As far as new muscle cars out on the road today; I believe the only one that has a solid rear axle is the Mustang.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok thanks i didnt know that

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
No problem man. Good luck with your build. :rck:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well summit racing sells a mosar compleate 8 3/4 rear so i found what i was looking for

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is one problem with this rear end i cant find a 3rd member

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
Did you buy the 8 3/4 yet? You might want to look into a Dana 60 or Ford 9" or do you want to stay with a Mopar unit? What kinda motor you got under the hood of that Cuda?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i havent bought any thing yet i would like to keep it mopar i dont want a dana 60 it cost a lot more but i would put a 9" in it. as of motor there is no motor but im puting a hemi in it im thinking a new hemi just carborated xv motor sports sell a 5.7 and a 6.1 short block im leaning towards the 5.7 from what i read they have the same block just the 6.1 has more work done to it i no longer want to make a drag car out of it just something fun to drive

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
Sounds like a pretty nice project you got going. I just PM'd you back. :D I wouldn't be afraid to go with the 9" just because of its popularity and it has tons of support and parts available. I wish I knew of some Mopar junkyards so I could help you out a little more.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i think im puting a 9" it will save me time and money in the long run

·
Registered
759 Posts
I personally would find a Srt-10 Ram rear end, dana 60, very stout, with awesome brakes! The 9.25 is pretty stout also, only thing you might have to do is get either one shortened!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.