·
Registered
212 Posts
They go on the back :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it junk, it appears to attatch with sticky pads. i would hate to be on the freeway and have it fly off hitting the car behind me!!!!!!!!!!!! how well ban sticky pads hold up under those conditions

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
DSW said:
........... i would hate to be on the freeway and have it fly off hitting the car behind me!!!!!!!!!!!! how well ban sticky pads hold up under those conditions
I had an 84 Laser with a rear window louver. The hinge glued to the glass. one day I heard a noise driving up 95 and I saw some plastic hit the tractor trailer behind me. I thought I must have run over something. About 5 miles further I realized it was the louver had come off my car. It was only plastic and hit the truck behind me so I do not think it did any damage. By the time I realized it was my louver the truck was not around me anymore. I stopped but I guess he either had already passed me or had taken an exit. For a couple days I thought I might get a call from the police if someone had taken my tag number. Nothing ever came of it so I guess no harm, no foul.

Moral: Don't use just sticky pads to hold anything to the car.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Looks only..........
No functionality!
Where I live it gets 100+ in summer. You see a lot of air deflectors and side window deflectors on the side of the roads from the tape giving loose?

·
Registered
34 Posts
DSW - I have one on my 04 Limited that was installed by my dealer. It's installed with screws, not tape. I does keep the rear window somewhat cleaner in dusty conditions. I've had no problems with it and it looks sharp on the "D". Go for it... GreyGhost :D

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Yep,
They do look good, no doubt about that.....
Like GreyGhost, just make sure its secured with screws!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.