DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but everyone is so helpful, here goes. We have never had a 6CD changer. If I am reading the manual right to load multiple CDs, I hit the load button and then the 1 for the first disc. Then to put another in I hit load and then 2 then wait for the load disc display and so on. Is this correct? Only had the car since Wednesday night and I don't want to ruin the CD player.
Thanks for any help.
Took a few pics lat night but it was getting dark by the time I washed and dried it.
We are loving it.

More pictures when I get better conditions. It was actually getting dark when these were taken.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yup, you got it. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yup, sounds like you got it all right, and might at this very moment be listening to great tunes!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know about some of you, but sometimes my CD player gets stuck on "reading" and just kinda sits there. I have to actually turn off the radio and turn it back on to get it to work right.. Anyone else have this or is it just me :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
you got it ...

love your quote ...lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Alrighty then. You got it. Are you going to need help getting them out now? LOL
Pretty, pretty, pretty car. I haven't driven my Mag in a week. With our weather lately, I haven't been able to wash it. (I won't take it out in public when it's filthy.) Are we ever going to get some sunshine, Irock?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Holy crap... I didn't even notice you were up here in WA IRock.

Oh, and it hasn't been wet around here. Well, a couple night showers... but clear during the day.

Husker... I haven't had that problem... well, I did once, but I found out it was a DVD I was trying to play. :eek: Maybe a CD cleaner???

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know about some of you, but sometimes my CD player gets stuck on "reading" and just kinda sits there. I have to actually turn off the radio and turn it back on to get it to work right.. Anyone else have this or is it just me
Got that twice so far. Weird. Not annoying enough to let them rip the dash apart to fix it.

Boston Bob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yikes I see the problem now

Well it turns out I am not as dumb as I thought. I went to take my friend for a ride and she and I sat in the driveway and tried everything. Since we had headed out on the freeway we went to the dealer to get them to help. It turns out that we got the wrong radio. It is a single CD. I asked the sales manager if it was easy to swap. He said no it's not. He asked if we had the sticker. I didn't have it with me. He said bring it in Monday and we'll see. I may wait until my husband's work week is over on Tuesday and have him take it over there. He works nights and that first day at the end of his week he gets a little crabby. Might be a good time to send him in. We wondered if the 6 disc sounded better. We also were supposed to get the amplifier. Probably didn't get that either. I know we didn't get the Audio Jack listed on the sticker as well. As my husband put it, "That's why we ordered a car." But we did pay extra to get the upgraded radio so we will see.
My friend was admiring our car in the store windows as we went by. She asked if I ever did that. I just looked over and said, "I'm a window whore."
:rolleyes: I may have coined a new phrase. Actully I'm almost over that now. I know it looks sharp to me. :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
the radio swap is easy , i got a mp3 6 disc off ebay and removed and installed the new radio in 10 minutes on my lunch break .

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
iRock said:
Well it turns out I am not as dumb as I thought. I went to take my friend for a ride and she and I sat in the driveway and tried everything. Since we had headed out on the freeway we went to the dealer to get them to help. It turns out that we got the wrong radio. It is a single CD. I asked the sales manager if it was easy to swap. He said no it's not.
lol sorry... but that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

The swap itself is easy. What he may have been talking about is if you got a single disc, likely not the audio package you should have and that will take time. But the actual radio itself... easy swap.

BTW, nice car... :) Open her up yet?:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it's not just the 6CD thing it should be a little better sounding I gather. We can say we know of people that have done it easily. I think they are just not saying much until the guy sees exactly what we ordered.
My husband asked specifically for the upgraded radio. Here is how it is listed on the sticker
AM/FM Compact Disc Radio w/Chgr Ctrl & Aux. Audio Input Jack
We thought that was code for Changer/Control
Build sheet also lists Amplifier - 288 Watt
And we do have the audio controls on the steering wheel and there is also what we were told was an electric eye on the dash but not what it was for.
So we will see how it goes next week.
They did give us two season passes for the South Sound Speedway. Think I can sneak onto the track?
Bubba do you watch Larry the Cable Guy? Your first line sounded just like him. He never fails to crack me up. I haven't gone much over 80 but I have got to freeway speed very fast. My husband drove straight from the dealer to I-5 and minutes later we hit 100. Pretty impressive. I did show my friend how well it accelerated and she told her husband I am going to be have to be careful to not get a ticket. The novelty will wear off. Hubby says make sure you don't drive too slow, it needs the snot blown out of it once in a while. Well I can't remember how he said it but that is what I took it to mean. God I love that man.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you have a scan of your sticker? Do you have a scan of the order sheet?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you mean a copy of the sticker? Or the original? I have the original. The car was ordered by my husband and I wasn't there. We have something that says not an invoice but it is not as detailed as the sticker. It was from when Rick was in negotiations with the salesman on price. The sales manager said bring the sticker back and they would look at it to see what was listed.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
iRock said:
My husband asked specifically for the upgraded radio. Here is how it is listed on the sticker
AM/FM Compact Disc Radio w/Chgr Ctrl & Aux. Audio Input Jack
We thought that was code for Changer/Control
Build sheet also lists Amplifier - 288 Watt
And we do have the audio controls on the steering wheel and there is also what we were told was an electric eye on the dash but not what it was for.
So we will see how it goes next week.
It's hard to tell... because reading it l ike that, it sounds like you have the upgraded speakers, but not really an upgraded head unit other then the capabilites to plug RCAs or your own multi-disc changer in there.

iRock said:
Bubba do you watch Larry the Cable Guy? Your first line sounded just like him. He never fails to crack me up.
Yea, I've seen a couple of his things... and that is from him.

iRock said:
I haven't gone much over 80 but I have got to freeway speed very fast. My husband drove straight from the dealer to I-5 and minutes later we hit 100. Pretty impressive. I did show my friend how well it accelerated and she told her husband I am going to be have to be careful to not get a ticket. The novelty will wear off. Hubby says make sure you don't drive too slow, it needs the snot blown out of it once in a while. Well I can't remember how he said it but that is what I took it to mean. God I love that man.
Yea, it's not like the old school motors where you need to be easy on it and vary speeds. These new motors need to be used. Like when I bought my CTD, I was told to hook up as much as I could and just run up and down the road and freeway with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It sounds like you have what you ordered: "AM/FM Compact Disc Radio w/Chgr Ctrl & Aux. Audio Input Jack". This is not the 6CD changer. The changer control and aux input is there, but it is Mopar's own special plugs. If the sticker says you have the 288 watt amp, then you probably do (along with the Boston speakers). I ordered basically what you have, plus the Sirius radio. The Boston speakers are crap, for about $200 you can change them out yourself to much better ones. Like someone else said, for $150 you can get the 6cd changer/MP3 player on Ebay and slide in right in it's place. I think this is a much easier solution that paying the dealer big bucks to change it over.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seenett you are right on the button and thanks for the info. Here is what I found out with some research.

We just looked and the written piece of paper we gave the salesman had the upgrade on there but he did not appear to have ordered it. In looking at all the codes we realized he didn't get the extra upgrade which we would have gladly paid for. The reason we thought we got it is because it said AM/FM Compact Disc Radio w/Chgr Ctrl We did not even get the CD player in the manual which clearly shows the audio jack on the left of the 1-2-3-4-5-6 buttons. The one in the manual has the audio jack left and Random/Set button to the right. The one we got has Set left and Random button right. If you read the fine print it says that the manufacturer has the right to change the design without notice and the dealer does not have to make good. I have the whole paragraph but don't think it is OK to be posting it in a public forum. I must say if we had to have one thing that was mis-communicated this is probably the best one i.e. easiest to fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will probably end up being HAPPY you didn't order the 6cd - I was happy I didn't. I think it was a $500-$600 factory option, so if you get one on Ebay like many of us have done, you will end up with the same thing but for hundreds less.

Centralia? My family is originally from South Bend/Raymond - not that far from you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.