DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Big Black Power Wagon
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the hood that is on this truck. Does anybody know who makes it/ where i can find one? Im clueless.

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Think that is the reflexxion steel hood. Should be able to find it via stylin concepts or even at summit racing. Can't remeber the cost off hand, but don't think it is too much..

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
and that front bumper aint no joke either..........

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
That is my favorite too. Reflexxion makes this Steel Cowl Induction Hood

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
That hood would be on my truck right now if it didnt have the rediculous recessed center portion made into it. A simple buldged smooth cowl hood is all they need to make,BUT if you look at their latest design you would puke!!!

here is a link to the new style:VHOT:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=951365&postcount=1

·
Registered
593 Posts
Your not kidding about the bumper. As soon as I saw that post I new that truck was from Texas. They must run into alot of cattle on the road.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Have you guys seen the fiberglass smooth cowl hood from ABC Exclusive??

http://www.abcexclusive.com/trucks_home.htm
I posted that one a few years ago,also tried to get a group buy. I have not yet decided to try an unknown fiberglass place I am unawre of. You can get some jacked up shit from some places and is why I will NOT buy from Unlimited Products.....their fiberglass is a J O K E!!

Anyone who knows what traditional cowl hoods look like would appreicate a 3rd gen hood made to resemble one.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
slammed1 said:
That hood would be on my truck right now if it didnt have the rediculous recessed center portion made into it. A simple buldged smooth cowl hood is all they need to make,BUT if you look at their latest design you would puke!!!

here is a link to the new style:VHOT:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=951365&postcount=1

It's probably too big of an area/too thin of metal to not have something recessed in the middle. It would probably rattle in the wind if it wasn't there?

Maybe?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
kansasdjjj said:
It's probably too big of an area/too thin of metal to not have something recessed in the middle. It would probably rattle in the wind if it wasn't there?

Maybe?
I am NOT sure why its there,you could be right BUT original cowls off of 67-69 Camaros have a raised thin rigde/bodyline and I know that line would NOT look well on a 3rd gen ram. I just dont see why they redesigned the hood NOW to look like an old Ranch style home with upper roff windows. IF they made a smooth cowl I am SURE they would seel just as many and probably more.

I have already planned on IF I find one of those hoods at a great price I will weld in a filler piece to make it smooth myself then send Reflexxion a pic.;)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
slammed1 said:
I am NOT sure why its there,you could be right BUT original cowls off of 67-69 Camaros have a raised thin rigde/bodyline and I know that line would NOT look well on a 3rd gen ram. I just dont see why they redesigned the hood NOW to look like an old Ranch style home with upper roff windows. IF they made a smooth cowl I am SURE they would seel just as many and probably more.

I have already planned on IF I find one of those hoods at a great price I will weld in a filler piece to make it smooth myself then send Reflexxion a pic.;)

It would be worth a try if you had one cheap enough. Just be carefull not to warp it...thats alot of welding on a BIG flat area. I wonder if fiberglassing it would be better?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I know alot of guy sthat have the SS style ABC hood and they seem to be happy with it. You might try doing a search on here for members that have one and see what they have to say about the quality. It is a good looking hood though!!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I hope I can find a cheap one some day to work on as I know I can weld in a piece without any major warping,I have installed roof panels on hail damaged vehicles before. ScottMan had his welded up and filled but unfortunately he totalled his truck.

I am very picky on certain items like wheels,tailights,headlights,and hoods.......I dont buy one unless it meets my expectations and goes with the flow of my other mods.

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
I would swap my srt-10 hood for that hood with the quickness lol .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.