Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KBB Shows my truck as follows:

Trade Good Condition: $11,925
Trade Excellent Condition: $15,500
The Average between the two is $12,212

Private Good Condition: $14,485
Private Excellent Condition: $15,520
The Average between the two: $15,000

So the question is, what is my truck worth? It still has under 43,000 miles on it (mods are in my signature). I’m in need of help in a serious way (see different thread to see why: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2733951#post2733951 ).

·
08Hemisilvercrew
178 Posts
This may not be very helpful but... Around here(western New York) it seems that the private sale is now the trade in price .And the trade in is now whatever they can get some dumb a** to take. The book is pretty much useless! The trucks are way over and the small cars are way under. I'm trying to sell my 02 Ram Quad cab for $7900. The book says private party good is $9630! Thats damn near 2 g's under and I'm still sitting on it.

Dave...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
according to black book your truck is worth between 8200 and 11,220, this is what your truck would actually bring at auction...... any mods you do or have are not worth anything to a dealer ...

John

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I used Manheim Auction THE BOOK MOST DEALERS USE REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY SAY as well as "Black Book" but this is manheim's Internet MMR real Time updates. (Say Dodge went under today, Within 12 hours pricing would already reflect the lower values due to being an orphaned brand) using seasonal adjustment and your location this is what this truck has sold for on average in the last 2 weeks

Condition values
Above $13490
Average $10930
Below $8388

Mileage

Above 34698
Average 57,963
Below 81,299

TRANSACTIONS

above auction price $14100 with an AVG. Retail of $15650

Average Auction Price $12450 with an AVG. Retail of $13850

Below Auction price $10,800 with an AVG. Retail of $12050

Actual Auction sales of your truck last month

12/16/08 HATFIELD Lease $9,600 53,123 Avg DK BLUE
12/18/08 MANHEIM Regular $8,950 84,981 Below
12/18/08 FRDKBURG Lease $10,600 54,419 Avg WHIT
12/22/08 HRSNBURG Lease $11,400 55,598 Avg
12/23/08 HATFIELD Lease $13,900 37,801 Above RE

Mods are generally worthless to dealers and the LineX may hinder a sale to someone who may have bought it otherwise, on the other hand it could seal a deal for another so that's a wash don't let someone tell you it lowers value.

As a former AND I STRESS FORMER salesman, Based on the above info (I always consult the actual sales most dealers just use the condition value though)I would offer 11-11,500 as the trade in value it would hit my lot at $14,495.

The good news is that you can pull any removable mods and it won't lower value on trade and you can recoup some cost there

Let me know if you have any questions how this works

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
By the way any drastic changes in these prices for a trade offer is probably a result of overallowing which is using profit from the car to inflate the trade-in

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the honest answers guys. I don't know if I'll be doing anything with the truck or not (I really like my truck). Guess I'll have to have a "talk" with my wife first. LOL- I can see her eyes rolling right now!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Thanks for the honest answers guys. I don't know if I'll be doing anything with the truck or not (I really like my truck). Guess I'll have to have a "talk" with my wife first. LOL- I can see her eyes rolling right now!
go borrow two car seats from some one and have her ride in your truck pushed against the window she'll be begging you to go look at those "mega things"

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This may not be very helpful but... Around here(western New York) it seems that the private sale is now the trade in price .And the trade in is now whatever they can get some dumb a** to take. The book is pretty much useless! The trucks are way over and the small cars are way under. I'm trying to sell my 02 Ram Quad cab for $7900. The book says private party good is $9630! Thats damn near 2 g's under and I'm still sitting on it.

Dave...........
You my friend, are a genius!!!

Edit- quoted wrong person- wanted to quote Mopar Man:

"go borrow two car seats from some one and have her ride in your truck pushed against the window she'll be begging you to go look at those "mega things""

Man, I'm retarded today!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You my friend, are a genius!!!

Edit- quoted wrong person- wanted to quote Mopar Man:

"go borrow two car seats from some one and have her ride in your truck pushed against the window she'll be begging you to go look at those "mega things""

Man, I'm retarded today!

That worked for me with my 2g Quad cab. I put that seat behind her's and her knees were into the glove box. 2 days later I had my 3G

Also, what you lose in real world value on yours vs. Book you are making up for sure on a new Mega cab

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anybody have any idea what interest rates are for a new vehicle? I haven't looked for a while (didn't intend on even looking at a new truck until yesterday/this morning).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does anybody have any idea what interest rates are for a new vehicle? I haven't looked for a while (didn't intend on even looking at a new truck until yesterday/this morning).
I think it depends on credit still. My wife and I have so so credit and my 08 truck was 5.29% and her Rav 4 is 5.85%. I imagine somebody with really good credit should be able to get 0% by now.

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it depends on credit still. My wife and I have so so credit and my 08 truck was 5.29% and her Rav 4 is 5.85%. I imagine somebody with really good credit should be able to get 0% by now.
We both have really good credit (everything is paid off early). I'll have to check to see if Dodge is running any specials.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
with paid off vehicle good credit and your goals like you had in the other thread you should be in a mega soon as long as the dealer doesn't try to absolutely screw you on trade

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I got quoted by a dodge dealership in ontario for $13,250 for my 08 quadcab with about 11k km's on it...!....I hate stealerships...
unfortunately the fact that they are giving away new 08's does not help anyone looking to trade them in the Prices are low coupled with new body style introduction

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I called the dealer on Friday night and told him $26,000 for the Mega, and $11,000 for my truck. I told him to think about it over the weekend, and if he thought he could make it work to call me on Monday (today). Guess we'll see what happens. If it's meant to be, then it will be. Otherwise, I'll be waiting to see what a 2010 HD looks like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.