DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I pulled one of my plugs, and it seems I have a set of Bosch FR8LPX in my 3.9 Magnum. Is there anyone that can 'read' my plugs?

Also, I was wanting to replace them with a set of Halos. Has anyone here heard or had any experience with Halo sparkplugs? Any feedback would be greatly appreicated.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
I thought the plug tip was excessively worn until i found a picture of a brand new FR8LPX (see below), The plug looks normal, just that maybe it was ran beyond its life and needs to be changed.

In regards to the halo plugs, from what i've read, it sounds like part of the technology is the same concept as the Bosch+4 or other multi-ground plugs. Some manufacturers will try to give you the impression that more ground electrodes=more spark. A plug can only spark in one direction at a time and the electrical current will follow the shortest distance. Multi-ground plugs were created mainly for rotary engines where, due to the combustion chamber design, the ground electrode of the plugs needed to be moved to the side instead of the top of the plug in order to fit and work. The design of this type of firing tip erodes the electrode away faster than normal, so multiple electrodes needed to be added in order to give the plug the same longivity as a normal spark plug in a normal engine. Multi-ground plugs should only be used in engines that were designed for their use, as using them in normal engines will not improve and may acutally reduce performance.

Attachments

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Excellent info, No more multi-tips for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts