DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what indexing rings will work with my 98 ram sport 1500. I have the np231 with the 4 speed auto tranny. I am looking at the great lakes ring on ebay but am not sure if it will fit a 231. Says it fits a 241. Any Ideas? do the 231's have the same bolt pattern as the 241?

·
Ram x2
398 Posts
The Np and Nv 231 and 241 have the same bolt pattern.

The ring on ebay won't work for yours though because it is manufactured for raising the t-case for ground clearance (more popular for Jeeps).

They do make one for your t-case to clock it down to give you a better front driveshaft angle, give them a call and thay can make the ring you need. I just ordered one from them last week, thats how I found all of this out.

You will also need a seal adaptor for your automatic tranny, but I did not get into that too much because mines a manual and it does not need it.

BTW it's more exspensive than the e-bay one. It's supposed to be $110.00, but they messed up my orderer so they sold it to me for $60.00.....although I don't have it yet either....................

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humm, Thats good to know. Thank you for responding. If I did the math right it would not be much cheaper to go the great lakes way VS. the skyjacker bundle from summit. I think I trust summit a little more than the other. Anyone have those part numbers by chance?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
thump BTT... what's the lastest on this? Which one did you go with?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with skyjacker and everything is working really well. Nice and easy install except for installing the new seal which turned out to be a small pain in the as*. I should post picks of the channeled cross member also. I think its sexy:) even though you dont ever see it.
When ordering I confirmed all of the part numbers with a summit racing "technician" and he turned out to be right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
01_offroad, I just saw your post's and the discussion on the 2nd gen let's see some pics. I would without hesitation trust nhlbill's input, If he says the greatlakes version is good then you could save a few bucks and put it into something else.

P.S. Good to see you posting again. Your truck was initially one of the ones that convinced me to lift mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.