DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys- im a newbie - question- i`d like to get my o5 rt reflashed with the latest update but my dealer doesnt seem willing- by the way, im a service writer at a ford dealership and traded my marauder for the mag- anyone out there know if theres a way that i can determine with my vin# what programming level is in the pcm?- i reflash pcms all day long for customers-
cant understand why my guy isnt willing to even look into it- thanks- roadpig

· Registered
285 Posts
The story is that in order to get paid, the dealership takes the customer complaint matches it to a tsb for a reflash and does the car. If your car doesn't fit the range they just won't do it to solely bring you up to the latest.

Personally I don't see what the big deal is. Instead of a hassle with the customer, if said customer is savvy enough to know of a new revision, why not just do it and fill out the papers "customer said car running bad", fixed.

Any DC techs know why DC is such an sob on this?

· Registered
17 Posts
Tell them you have a rough idle with bad fuel mileage and the a/c sometimes quits working. That should get about all modules updated to latest flash versions. You won't believe the difference in the way the car drives if you don't currently have the latest flash versions.

My little 2.7L is like a different car and really hauls but now, compared to before being flashed. My mileage is up 20 to 21 mpg when doing all city stop a go driving and I'm a lead foot. :drivingz:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.