Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re:engine cutting off after cold start

Hey guys...

I had a weird problem this afternoon. I got in to my D after work and went to start it, the engine turned over and roared as usual, then it just cut off after about five seconds. I have no clue why, i tried three more times, and the same thing happened.

I left it to sit for about a minute, removed the key and then tried again then it started. No error lights, appeared when it was acting up, just the security dot. Could it be a low battery in the transponder making the engine cut becuase it doesnt detect the chip.

Very wierd.. i havent changed my spark plugs yet, i dont know if that is a problem but I havent had any mechanical problems with it since i got it.

Thanks for your help guys.. this is a great board

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It sounds like a sentry key problem. Keep your spare with you If it happens again try the other one.

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
you might need to get the pcm flashed. i dont know if it's the same in durangos but my truck did this and they had to flash it for some idling deal. only happened when it was cold

·
Special "ED"
118 Posts
Mine sounds like a dumptruck on cold starts?? and now out of the blue with only 8K miles on it starting to feel like a plug or something is going out, Its missing , RPS's jump up and down, and feel the D shacking?? Got no engine light?? Asked the Stealership about it when I went to get the oil changed , A **Hole said well no Check engine light we cant touch it WTF... I work on my own stuff and guess I will work on the D why the oil change just did not have the time that week

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It's supposed to sound like a dumptruck on a cold start. It was designed that way to let the oil warm up faster. They all do it.

·
Special "ED"
118 Posts
crazy, when we first got it did not do that, now over time and some milage it started that,

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Really? Mine's done it since day one. On cold mornings anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.