DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have my left rear spring re-arched next week. The left rear sits about a half an inch lower than the right rear. There is a spring shop in town. The guy said to bring the truck over and let him take some measurements. Then bring him the spring and he can re-arch it to sit the truck level. Cost about $30 to $40 per spring.

Anyone ever done this? Could you actually have the truck raised a little bit by doing both springs?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i had a 74 power wagon's springs rearched 2" and i had it another 10 years after that and never had any problems with them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
spring

The whole passenger side of my truck is leaning over 1/2 in. Sure would like to know why. They have replaced front pass spring, rear pass spring, now they want to replace rear driver spring. I think its the frame and want to know why my truck is leaning where it is noticable. If you get it rearched, let me know how it worked. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Redfish if your truck is leaning after spring replacement take some measurements and see what is different. Measure from the axle to the frame on both sides front and rear. That should tell you if the spring is causing the lean or if the body is not level on the frame.

I measured my rear axle to frame and the left side is about 1/4" lower than the right. Carry that out to the fenders and it is a 1/2" or more. When I had the truck at the dealer for some warranty work I had them check the height. They claim 1/2" is wihin spec and would not cover it. Although he agreed that it is leaning 1/2".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.