DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really like the way a factory headunit looks and feels compaired to a aftermarket head unit. i would really like to go back to one and up grade to a rb1. my question is can i get away with running a rb1 with a amp and sub and still have it sound good. i know they have high low converters. but i havnt heard anygood from them sounding good. is there something you guys have cam up with?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I had the rb1, running the factory door speakers and then a line output converter to a amp pushing a 10" sub. The sub sounded real good with that setup. Regardless upgrading the door speakers is not a bad idea. I now have an aftermarket deck and that made the door speakers sound better, but I still need to replace them.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did the sub sound any better or louder with the aftermarket h/u? what converter did you use?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
honestly no it's not any louder. I don't remember the name of the Line output converter, but it was an adjustable 4 channel one with a remote lead. I got it for about $20 on ebay. If I still have it I will sell it to you for $15

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why did you get rid of it for the aftermarket?...see if you can find it so i can read up on it before making any decisions.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
the only reason I got rid of my rb1 was becuase I wanted to be able to have my ipod adapter and siruis hooked up at the same time. It would have cost over $200 to achieve that and after some research I found that I could sell my RB1, and my Ipod integration kit and buy an aftermarket deck, ipod kit, and an aftermarket siruis box and have money leftover in my pocket. So I did. I actually had over $100 left after I sold the RB1 and ipod kit and bought the new stuff.

I will look tonight to see if I still have the line output converter.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats good to hear. since i wont be using any sat radio i should be fine. and thanks again.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright. i wanna make sure first though that im getting one before i start counting my chickens before they've hatched. if you still have it ill shoot you a pm.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
ok no problem....let me know then....I'm sure I will still have it

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
In my opinion they definitely work well for subs.....don't know about amping highs though.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn i wish i had money. im trying sell my stuff to get one.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Here is a few pics of my set up with the LOC.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks really clean.

does the rb1 sound better then the oem standard radio? i was looking at the specs and it says it pumps out 66 watts. witch i believe is alot better the the standard radio.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
looks really clean.

does the rb1 sound better then the oem standard radio? i was looking at the specs and it says it pumps out 66 watts. witch i believe is alot better the the standard radio.
In my opinion it did sound better. My truck had the low end single cd player, and the rb1 is their "PREMIUM" line of radio.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.