DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this should be in electronics, but I need people to see this.

I have the RB1 nav. It's worked great but I'm having a problem, it's happened once or twice before but it usually corrects itself. Now, it's done it all yesterday and today (2 short trips).

When I drive it's showing me driving at a wrong angle of the roads, not even close. I end up in rivers and big fields, so I figure it's greater than the 30 ft. window of error. Has anyone else had this problem?

· Registered
2,639 Posts
No but go to the page showing the sats, how many are you getting? If it can't get enough sats it'll throw you off. Also, is the compass showing proper direction when it does that?

· Registered
182 Posts
Similar thing happened when I first got mine. Turned out to be an out of date DVD. Loaded the latest version and all has worked perfect for over a year. The DVDs actually load/update firmware on the unit so if it has had a newer version loaded and you have a different version. Alternatively, your DVD could be dirty or scratched. Getting an RB1 repaired after market (if it is the actual unit) is expensive. You also may want to check the nav antenna to make sure it is well connected, no pinched wires and is in a good location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.