DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want to do a fall run at Rausch Creek this fall? Months, late Aug, Sept, Oct? Need ideas. I got vacation time to burn up. :D

Have a freind that wants to bring his FJ out with us. :ugh Where's a smilie with a winch on it?

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
I'm good for any of those three months. I just hope August isn't too dry......this last trip, the weather was perfect. :cool:

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
This time I will be there come hell or high water!!! Just let me know when.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
This time I will be there come hell or high water!!! Just let me know when.
Those have come and gone........
Hell was last August when we went, HOT and DRY as a bone.
High water was last month, lots of deep holes.........Your gonna have to pick another slogan, or you won't make it, again...........:1poke:

;D

:D

I catch your drift this time though, I think your serious. :cool:

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If everything falls into place. I got a few new things to try out. :D

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hurm...Interested, but need to work on that breakover angle though-and the natural fear of destroying it! :WHT:

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hurm...Interested, but need to work on that breakover angle though-and the natural fear of destroying it! :WHT:
Once you bust it's cherry. It's all good. :D First time out is the hardest time. You don't know what to expect, and how the PW will perform. Let me tell you, you will be amazed. :D

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Depending on the time and what my unit is doing for training during that time I might be able to make this one.

Do you guys camp out or stay in a hotel? I prefer to camp out if possible. Can't wait, and hope to be there!

·
rockcrawler
251 Posts
I might be interested if you guys dont mind me wheeling my Toyota. I'm always down to meet new people and get out in the woods.

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
I'm in. At least if nothing else prevents me from attending.

For those that remember the post I made last year when I got in that accident where a guy side swiped me that I had to chase for 5 miles. My right leg hit the steering wheel pretty hard. It jarred my lower right back, but there was this pain that shot from inside my thigh to my groin. They couldn't figure out what was causing it. The pain is still there, along with weakness when I lift my knee. I used to knee kick a punching bag years ago as part of my workout. I am lucky now if I can just lift the knee far enough to touch the bag due to the pain. They've been treating it as a lower back thing, which helped with my back.... BUT... I just had an MRI two weeks ago that shows I have a 1" x .5" cyst (half the size of a golf ball) on my right hip socket due to a Labral Tear. The Labrum is the fiber tissue that holds the thigh bone upper ball in the hip socket. (Russ - you know this part better than I do!)

Shit, I wish they figured this out a year ago!! That explains why I constantly feel a popping sensation in my hip area when trying to move around and sometimes when simply walking. If you follow MLB, Chase Utley of the Phillies has the same thing. He can't hit as far because he can't plant his feet, and he's pinch hitting because he can't run. If they do surgery on him, he's out for the rest of the season. So that kind of puts me in the same ballpark (pun intended!) and what's causing the pain and the issues. Now... if they decide to do surgery, I'll be on crutches for 6 weeks... if that's the case... then I'm out of going to RC again! WTF! :(

- Late edit - sorry for the rant. This thing has been hurting constantly and it's only recently that I got some resolve as to what's causing it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm in, but I have several camping trips planned in late summer/early fall. If it falls on a weekend I'm home, I'll be there. :rck: As far as camping or hotel. I can do either. But if I camp it won't be a tent. I'll drag my trailer up there. :cool:

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in, but I have several camping trips planned in late summer/early fall. If it falls on a weekend I'm home, I'll be there. :rck: As far as camping or hotel. I can do either. But if I camp it won't be a tent. I'll drag my trailer up there. :cool:
I'll bring mine too. :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Relax, Dave. I've had mine offroad to play before, but the trip in June was my first real offroad trip. Real meaning rocks and trenches and creeks and, and ,and...

I didn't destroy it, just rearranged some of the parts!:crazy::ugh You'll be fine (he says knowing it's someone else's wallet this time).

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
I'll bring mine too. :D
Sounds great, camping it is. Now all we need is for the dates to line up so that I can go. Will check my schedule this week and see if I can confirm any free weekends. My initial thoughts will be sometime in Sept. might rent me a popup and bring up

For you that have been up there already:
>
> camp grounds, were and cost per night
> Can we have open pit fires?
> Veh pass' for the area?
> Best way to get there from 95? Eric, maybe we can meet up and convoy, unless it is to far out of my or your way.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Danny
There are a few campgrounds listed on RC's website. I'm looking at rates now. It looks like full hookup for under $40 a night. Not too bad.

September is great for me.

Russ, Eric- we'll talk soon I hope. I'll PM you, Russ. Forgot to get your phone and email!

P.S. Campgrounds require a 2 night reservation on weekends in season.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Danny
There are a few campgrounds listed on RC's website. I'm looking at rates now. It looks like full hookup for under $40 a night. Not too bad.

Russ, Eric- we'll talk soon I hope. I'll PM you, Russ. Forgot to get your phone and email!
Mike, you have a PM. :D

They changed my work schedule starting next week. :ugh I'm waiting for the fallout. :ugh

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Sounds great, camping it is. Now all we need is for the dates to line up so that I can go. Will check my schedule this week and see if I can confirm any free weekends. My initial thoughts will be sometime in Sept. might rent me a popup and bring up

For you that have been up there already:
>
> camp grounds, were and cost per night
> Can we have open pit fires?
> Veh pass' for the area?
> Best way to get there from 95? Eric, maybe we can meet up and convoy, unless it is to far out of my or your way.
Danny, I can probably meet you in Frederick, Maryland. It's not that far out of my way, plus it'll be good to have to Silver Tanks rolling north together. :cool:

Danny

P.S. Campgrounds require a 2 night reservation on weekends in season.
Camping sounds good. Let me know who has a bed for rent........:SPIN:

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
Why dont you guys come up to Canada for Trailfest its july30-31st.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Why dont you guys come up to Canada for Trailfest its july30-31st.
I'll be on vacation, and north isn't in my wife's plan.........:SPIN:

I would love to, but vacation funds won't allow for much deviation from plans........;)

1 - 20 of 270 Posts