DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so Hello, from south Texas! Okay, down to business. My 2005 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 V8 automatic is making a rattling noise from the front suspension, a thudding noise upon acceleration from the engine, and a deafening roaring noise that starts at 30 mph and pitch gets higher the faster I go. The roaring noise is loudest at 45 mph and the rattling is only upon bumps, the thudding noise is only upon casual acceleration. This truck has 132,867 miles on the clock, the brakes have been changed, it's been well maintained and has been treated very fairly. I've done a lot with this truck. Another problem developed recently when I took a road trip to Port Aransas, Texas, I stopped for fuel, and when I tried to start it again, it wouldn't start. I had to push it into a parking space, and examined the dashboard. The battery was fine, everything worked that was electrical, BUT the engine wouldn't crank. About 2 minutes later, it started again right up and we were off. I'm not sure, but I think I know the roaring noise, maybe the ball joints, I'm unsure, but it was treated harshly at one point due to bad beach conditions in padre national seashore. It bottomed out several times. Please help, I know I'm new, but I've been trying to figure all this stuff out, nothing helped! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.