DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 2500 cummins and when I hit a a bump there is a rattle sound but only when I hit a bump on the passenger side. I have no clue what this is and would like to solve it.
Any suggestions?
Thank you

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
i'll take a shot at it! lower shock mount, or retorque the wheel bearing. only two guesses per person fellas. who's up next?

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Something loose.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I think Green is right!
:gr_patrio

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Yes what did I win.

·
Registered
543 Posts
what type of rattle....why your down looking at the shock see if the plastic inner fender is loose

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
ya know redhead, that's very insightful. i thought i was the only one who could hear the wheel wells rattlin. those plastic rivits are all there. i still used a sheet metal nut & attached the well to the bumper. like a CHARM!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I spent a month trying to find a rattle, was doing brakes and noticed that one was missing replaced it just cause and rattle went away, pissed me off that I didnt notice it in the beginning

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2000 2500 cummins and when I hit a a bump there is a rattle sound but only when I hit a bump on the passenger side. I have no clue what this is and would like to solve it.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
I just found the front end rattle on my 98 1500 QC. The hood latch! The pin on the hood-mounted part of the latch wears and lets the hood jiggle up and down. It sounded just like a suspension noise to me. Been chasing it for years. Anyway, adjust the position (down) of the latch mechanism on the front end cross member and the rattle will be gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.