DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rattle in my dashboard i have an aftermarket deck but i dont think thats what causes it b/c my dad has a stock 05 ram and it does it too...... please help its driving me crazy :(

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
You sure its not the front end of your truck like mine? I did 45 mph over a RR track with a bump and that solved my problem.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope its not like that i can def hear it from inside of the cab really loud and sounds plastic like it only happens when it is a lil colder out like below 60 degreese it seems doesnt matter if the heat is on or off its still there.....

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
Move to Florida or Houston :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i would but i am going into the nypd allredy ;) i may move to fla in a few years tho. but seriously this thing is crazy and im trying not to bring it to the dealer because that is always a hassel

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I would take out the head unit and check for wiring that isn't cable tied good and solid. They can be hitting the plastic under there and causing the noise.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did that and zip tied everything to the right side of the inner dash lol, the thing is my dad has this also on his 05 as well, with the stock head unit

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
You can't figure that you and your dad have the same problem.

You got to attack them one at a time.

If it didn't rattle before the new head unit, then something there is hitting something. When you pull on those wires and tie them close to something, they may rattle.

Its best to make sure that the wires and especially any connectors are not near anthing that they can hit if your truck hits bumps or whatever. Tie them to wires that are as far away as you can get from any plastic interior.

Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.