Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new and unfamiliar with the layout of the site. I have purchased a 79 dodge power wagon with the factory contracting a "conversion" kit installed on the truck. It is not a lil' red wagon or warlock I or II, or macho wagon that I can find.

The paint job is completely radical. Hand painted stripes over entire truck, airbrushed mural on both doors, roll bar custom headliner, visors, and headliner controller for lighting and ????

The truck says SANDS on both doors in reflective letters. It says SANDS by SANDBOX on tailgate, and it has a SANDS controller on ceiling.

I can't find a single truck like this. Had one old boy say he saw one of these in 1980 and that these are more rare the the lil' red wagons.

I need some help with this. I will attempt to attach a picture.

Thanks!!! november 2011 079.JPG

november 2011 081.JPG

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I don't know if this will help you but when i got my 78 i had a similar issue. My truck has radical design on both sides and tail gate. Also has a "midas touch" sticker on both front fenders. I think someone put the sticker on because it had side pipes. I ran into a guy driving down the road with another truck like mine without the stickers. We both pulled of the road and talked. He said he never saw another truck like mine until now. He took some pics of both trucks together. We checked the vin #'s and they where very close. He told me that a local dealer got them from the factory plain base color and had the radical design put on. Till this day don't know if that is true and have never seen another truck like ours. I wish now i would have gotten a copy of the pics. This was pre internet and digital cameras. I have even looked into the factory brochures/sales stuff and nothing. Interesting thing is that your truck is the same base color as mine. I don't have any digital pics of it but i'll see if i can scan one and post it.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Dealer add ons.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Dealer package ??? Who knows. I bought my truck half a state away from the guy in my first post. Who knows if it came from the same dealer. It is paint not a decal with clear over it. I doubt this is something that the dealer would do.
Pic from back when playin in the mud!
As it sits today. Hasn't been on the road in about ten years.
Check out the pattern. It's not even so it was painted.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
It would be done at the dealer level by an outside company. I will tell you this,it was NOT done at the factory....

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
------>>Moved to 72-87 Ram Trucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.