DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice & solutions. My wife's 2008 Dodge Avenger 2.4L horn randomly goes off. Sometimes very faint and for very short period of time other times for a very long time and blaring. There is no horn fuse or relay. No fuses blown. Switched the relay around no change. I can either pull up or push down on the fuse box in the engine bay and it will either sound or stop if already sounding off. Getting more frequent. I was told to switch the fuse box because of the battery being underneath there corrosion happens. Wife called Dodge they say $1600 for one and it has to be programmed. Went to a salvage yard they called it an integrated control module. If I get one from the U-pull it will it need to be programmed? Also it seems like only the dealership has the ability to do so is this true for Tampa, Fl?

·
Registered
817 Posts
integrated control module
Going to assume your are referring to the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). The TIPM can store fault codes. Before replacing I would have a shop or dealer who has the necessary advanced scanner check for any TIPM fault codes. It may tell you the source of the problem. There may be a hour labor charge for diagnostics (usually around $100). Could be well worth it. The required scanners cost thousands ($$$$$).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need advice & solutions. My wife's 2008 Dodge Avenger 2.4L horn randomly goes off. Sometimes very faint and for very short period of time other times for a very long time and blaring. There is no horn fuse or relay. No fuses blown. Switched the relay around no change. I can either pull up or push down on the fuse box in the engine bay and it will either sound or stop if already sounding off. Getting more frequent. I was told to switch the fuse box because of the battery being underneath there corrosion happens. Wife called Dodge they say $1600 for one and it has to be programmed. Went to a salvage yard they called it an integrated control module. If I get one from the U-pull it will it need to be programmed? Also it seems like only the dealership has the ability to do so is this true for Tampa, Fl?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to assume your are referring to the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). The TIPM can store fault codes. Before replacing I would have a shop or dealer who has the necessary advanced scanner check for any TIPM fault codes. It may tell you the source of the problem. There may be a hour labor charge for diagnostics (usually around $100). Could be well worth it. The required scanners cost thousands ($$$$$).
Thank you for that information I'm not sure of the exact name but it holds the fuses and a I was told it is the integrated fuse box

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tipm totally integrated power module, check youtube, there's repair services you can use, costs about 200 to 300 depending on which company you choose.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Did you ever find out what the problem was?
Hi nfosorio,
We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, we kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts