DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
anton008
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have an 08 T&C with the 4.0, over the last couple of weeks we have had a problem with it randomly stalling on us, usually in the worse places possible with little to no room to pull off the road and the wife is absolutely terrified to drive it. Once it dies it starts right back up and will go a couple of days without issue, however over the last several days it has been multiple times. It usually happens in light driving conditions at speeds between 25- 45 mph. There are no check lights and it shows no codes when you do the key dance, after doing the key dance the engine light blinks like 10 or 11 times and I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not? I read it is normal and means you are not ready for an emissions check?? I have searched all over the net and saw a 100 different cases of this happening with no one giving a definitive answer on what is causing it, it just looks like they start throwing money at it and hope for the best, unfortunately that's not the way I roll! I think I am going to start with checking fuel pressure tonight and see where that takes me, any help or guidance you can provide is much appreciated!!
Thanks, Anton

P.S.- I forgot to add we just took it to the dealership yesterday morning and had the recall on the ignition module done, it did again to us lastnight after we left a ball game and almost got us hit in traffic.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just in case you haven't read about this there is a recall on later model Dodge/Chrysler minivans (plus other models) for the TIPM causing stalling (and other problems). There is even a class action lawsuit concerning the TIPM that was approved to continue by a judge. As best as I can find the 08 models don't fall under this recall but they are under investigation by the NHTSA. The TIPM or Totally Integrated Power Module is your fuse relay box under the hood. It's far more than your average fuse box. The culprit seems to be the fuel pump relay in the TIMP. Don't recall if it was on this forum or another but some have gone to the extent of dismantling the TIPM, desoldering the relay and replacing it. Here's a little info on the subject. Google it and you'll see much more. https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/09/nhtsa-5-million-chrysler-vehicles-under-scrutiny-for-stalling-problem/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts