DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posting this here to get the most views. This morning on my drive home I was just slightly applying the brakes in routine driving when the ABS and Brake dash lights came on and stayed on for about a minute. What caused this? Is there anything I need to check out?

·
Wilson
971 Posts
Might have some dirt on it from yalls GTG the other day. May just need a pressure washing under there.

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Low fluid level in your master cylinder can cause this. Easy enough to check it.

Another thought: Do you have superchips? When I had superchips installed these two lights would come on and a ding would sound. It would happen at random times (not even when braking), they would stay on for a second or less and then go away. I never was able to explain it. Took several times before I could figure out which two light it was even.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No SC for me, no until they make it lol. I'll pressure wash the suspension and brakes, it did still have some mud caked on from the GTG, saw it while I was taking the wheels off the other day for paint. I'll check the master cylinder fluid too. Thanks yall.

·
The Tumbler
672 Posts
I've had the same problem. Seems to happen to me only on very rainy or snowy days...

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no rain, no snow, just a little frost

·
Registered
201 Posts
umm like some people were saying the sensor could be dirty. Idk what the dakotas use but the tone ring could be cracked thats the ring that the wheel speed sensor reads. like i said idk what kind of setup that truck has

-pat

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay so I checked the master cylinder fluid level and it's very low. I'll add some when I get back to the house, but I need to find out where I'm losing brake fluid from. I was told by a coworker to check the wheel cylinders on the rear drums.

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
I get the blinking ABS when my battery is low. I get the low battery a lot because I don't drive the truck much these days; something like 3/4 of a tank per month.

:)

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I used what brake fluid I had at the house to fill it up, but It's def. leaking from the drivers side rear drum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.