DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my truck when parked in my driveway gives off the same beep you get as when you lock the doors with the key .

Does it about every 4 hours

Anybody ever have this problem

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Is it doing it at 15mph? I get the beep from the door solenoids locking the doors when I arm the truck. I have the horn honk feature off, so it's easier to hear the beep of the doors locking. Occasionally, at 15mph when the doors automatically lock, I hear the beep.

KB

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KB112 said:
Is it doing it at 15mph? I get the beep from the door solenoids locking the doors when I arm the truck. I have the horn honk feature off, so it's easier to hear the beep of the doors locking. Occasionally, at 15mph when the doors automatically lock, I hear the beep.

KB
No parked in then driveway

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SilsHemi said:
Bob,

Maybe the battery is low or failing? Had a problem like this with a previous vehicle and it was the battery.

Sil
Gauge shows full charge
But I guess it is a possiblity but only 2 winters on it

Funny thing it used to start within a 1/4 sec of turning the key
Now it is about 1 sec so maybe that does indicate the battery

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
keven said:
i had the same problem Bob, I ended up replacing the battery and the beeping stopped..
I just turned the lights on engine off and they are real bright and the horn is way loud with the lights on
That is usually a good test for the battery :dunno:

· Raming it since 2004
102 Posts
could be a bad remote. maybe try and remove the battery out of remote lock and see if it still happens

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sifon187 said:
could be a bad remote. maybe try and remove the battery out of remote lock and see if it still happens
Never thought of that

Have to give it a go

· Registered
76 Posts
My 06 QC 4x4 does the exact same thing. Its not a loud beep, but it is there. Up until now I thought I was the only person who has heard it. When you find out what it was let me know.

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jason757 said:
My 06 QC 4x4 does the exact same thing. Its not a loud beep, but it is there. Up until now I thought I was the only person who has heard it. When you find out what it was let me know.
Or vice versa

· Registered
76 Posts
My truck has been in the shopa few times for minor issues so Im pretty confident its not a battery problem. I have already ripped out the factory stereo so I know thats not the source. Im starting to think its the receiver from the remote.

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just did it as I was reading this thread

· Registered
148 Posts
PLEASE HELP

KB112 or anyone else who knows how in the hell do i turn off the horn beeping when i lock and unlock? The damm thing does all of these like random beeps everytime i lock or unlock the truck i just want to see the lights flash no anoying beep!!!!!

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
mberg501 said:
PLEASE HELP

KB112 or anyone else who knows how in the hell do i turn off the horn beeping when i lock and unlock? The damm thing does all of these like random beeps everytime i lock or unlock the truck i just want to see the lights flash no anoying beep!!!!!

Disconnect the horns until you find the cure.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Its in the owners manual. It tells you how to change lots of stuff actually. If you don't have one, you can go to Dodge.com and download a pdf version of it from the owners section.

KB

Attachments

· Registered
148 Posts
dmcelhannon have you ever driven here in cali. i try to put my fist through the horn at least 2-3 times a week i hate these @[email protected]#$$#@ drivers here. now please dont send any hate mail i live in monterey, ca orig from a one stop sign town in wa state so it is a culture shock to say the least. kb112 thanks ill have to look through it again tonight

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
mberg501 said:
dmcelhannon have you ever driven here in cali. i try to put my fist through the horn at least 2-3 times a week i hate these @[email protected]#$$#@ drivers here. now please dont send any hate mail i live in monterey, ca orig from a one stop sign town in wa state so it is a culture shock to say the least. kb112 thanks ill have to look through it again tonight
I did some specialty training in LA and I was there for a month. I did some site seeing while I was there and I found one constancy in LA; speed is king. Once I got use to the fact everybody drive 50 to 60 MPH every where they go, I was fine. Just like when I lived in Phoenix; everyone drives three to four feet apart as they drive 50 to 60 MPH every where they go. Maybe this would be a good time to upgrade to train horns.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.