DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted these questions the other day on the other thread I started, but they were buried at the end of the thread and I dont think they got enough visibility to get response. Here they are again.

Several questions for other Rancho RS9000X users:
What setting do you run and why?
How did you orient the front shocks? Knob facing inboard or outboard?
How did you orient the rear shocks? Knob facing front or rear?
What are your general impressions of the shocks?

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
Jeff - I inquired with a few guys about a year ago on their 9000s and the majority I talked to were running about 4-6 for on-road use.

When I get mine, I'll probably bias the front stiffer than the rear....

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
I run mine on the highest setting. This is do to the soft springs I run up front and I don't run a sway bar. The nobs are at the bottom and turned in toward the engine (this makes it easer for me to get to them do to running solidaxle so it will be different for you.). Rears are different also so I guess non of this helps. ;)

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, but good to see you back here again :)

I am still running mine on the max setting and have few complaints, but the speed bumps in some of these parking lots are shaking my fillings loose.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where did you purchase them from? About how much do they run?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
147 Posts
maxed out on my rear jars me too, i normally run max on the front and 6 or 7 on the rear.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may back off on the adjustment soon, but I really like the handling on the road with the shocks set on 10.

·
T's99Durango
449 Posts
It's been a long time since my last post(had to do that workin thing) but anyway i'll be getting these for X-mas from my girl,since putting 33's and lifting the rango about 1year ago my ride feels like crap, but anyway how big is the differance between settings. It feels like there's no suspension on my D

(P.S. If anyone is instrested in buying a stright truck, tractor(sleeper or day cab),parcel van, cube van, I now work with Ryder Vehicle Sales in Oak Creek WI, 414-761-1574 or www.usedtrucks.ryder.com
Please feel free to pass along the phone number to anyone in the market for a used truck!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T's99durango said:
It feels like there's no suspension on my D
I am assuming that your stock shocks are shot. If the fluid has leaked out, you may be getting little or no damping so if you drive over a bump, you will bounce and bounce and bounce.

T's99durango said:
how big is the differance between settings
#10 is pretty hard damping and #1 is very very soft. I would rate the stock shocks to be comparable to the Rancho 3 setting. I have left mine on the hardest setting most of the time since installing them. I like the firm feeling on the road.

I am pretty happy with the shocks overall. The only concern I have is the plastic knobs on the rear shocks could get damaged when 4 wheeling. Otherwise they are very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.