DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone out there in 4x4-land can help me. Does anyone out there have a Rancho 4" suspension lift on their 2002 or newer Dodge 1500? If so, what tire/wheel combination has worked well for you? Yeah, I know Rancho says I can use a 35x12.50x17 tire, with a 17x8.5" rim with 5" backspacing, but I'm not so sure I believe them! (I have my reasons). I really don't want to order 5 tires and 5 wheels, only to find out I have to list them on ebay and take a huge hit! Any opinions on Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels? Pro-Comp All-Terrain tires? How much backspacing did you end up using to clear the spindles? Anyone need to resort to installing new ring and pinions after putting on 35s? Any helpful advice from my more learned colleagues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

David Glass
(goldentrout_one)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
My 2500 has a 3" lift (probably close to the same height as a 1500 w/ 4"), and my 35/12.5/20's fit just fine. There is about 1" of clearance at full lock, and it has not rubbed once.
Check out my gallery if you want to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes! I can't believe 100 people viewed this thread and nobody has a Rancho 4" lift! Oh well, better get Fabtech next time. However, I must say thanks to Hemi Freak for giving me at least some useful input.

goldentrout_one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.