DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's 2.5" in the rear. I've been considering this kit too, have you seen any pic besides the rancho website?

·
WORK IN PROCESS
329 Posts
I thought I would revive this thread and see if there has been any more info on the Rancho 4" lift. It looks like a solid kit from a good company at a decent price ($1600 from Summit Racing). Anybody out there give it a try yet ?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I would get BDS if I were you.It have a lifetime warranty and the quality of BDS is soo much better then Rancho.I figured i would throw it out there.Just trying to help.

·
WORK IN PROCESS
329 Posts
Does BDS make a 4" ? My biggest concern is getting a 75" truck with a 4" lift and 35" tires in an 83" garage door. I'm in Ohio so it's gotta go in the garage. Where is the best place to get BDS ? I know you promote the heck out of BDS here on the forum, which is great cuz you have one and must believe in the product.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you look at the install instructions on the Rancho site, they show what looks to be a 2" spacer block, and new coils for the rear. They also have a lifetime warranty on their lift.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Yes BDS makes a 4" lift.You will beable to get it in a 8' door with 4" of lift and 35"s easy.

Ya I do promote BDS because the BDS lift is awesome!!

I can get one for you at a great deal from my sponsor Chuxtrux.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes BDS makes a 4" lift.You will beable to get it in a 8' door with 4" of lift and 35"s easy.

Ya I do promote BDS because the BDS lift is awesome!!

I can get one for you at a great deal from my sponsor Chuxtrux.
PM Me a price for the 4" & 6" if you would be so kind - I am in the market for a lift as well. Thanks man!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would get BDS if I were you.It have a lifetime warranty and the quality of BDS is soo much better then Rancho.I figured i would throw it out there.Just trying to help.
What is the basis for this statement. Facts how BDS is soo much better would be good. Sounds like opinion. I like the bds kit too but I think they all have the ups and downs. Like bds kits wearing on the lower control arm, as discussed here. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309995&highlight=wear, Just wanna add this may not be a BDS specific problem but none of these lift kits are perfect. Not trying to take away from anyone here just like facts vice opinion.

Attachments

·
The Black Mamba
2,512 Posts
x2

I've used Rancho Suspension systems on several Jeep projects,
and their RockCrawler kits consist of nothing but Top Notch components that enable maximum articulation
without over-the-top lift heights putting a rig at higher center of gravity than necessary.

I'd like to know which BDS components are so superior, and why they're better than Rancho???

One of my old TJ's from 97' with a 2.5" Rancho Kit and 33's on stock wheels

I've built more 4x4's than I can count,
even used BDS when it was Originally known as Black Diamond Suspension about 15 years ago.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I am not going to be in a pissing contest.Here is what BDS offers read it and you decide.

I love my lift and I wouldn't trade it for any other lift.I have had my kit on my truck for 9 months and I havn't
had any trouble at all with the BDS kit.

I never said Rancho wasn't a good lift.I knew a lot of my friends that had them on their trucks.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/BDSLibrary/NPR/BDS_NPR-625H.pdf

·
The Black Mamba
2,512 Posts
I am not going to be in a pissing contest.Here is what BDS offers read it and you decide.

I love my lift and I wouldn't trade it for any other lift.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/BDSLibrary/NPR/BDS_NPR-625H.pdf
It's not a pissing contest :ugh BTW, your link doesn't read any different than the Rancho ad.

If you want to state that BDS is SO much better, tell us Why?
You have obviously made yourself completely familiar with BOTH products
in order to come to that conclusion, right?

If not you are just stating a Biased Opinion!

I'm not saying one's better than the other, just asking that you clarify what's inferior about the Rancho.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i know its a dodge forum but that jeep is doing so pretty amazing articulation for a 2.5" lift and 33's. I didnt mean to work anybody up here. I have read all the lifts and posts here and i just didnt feel that the rancho was not as good. Not seeing any conclusive evidence for myself that one is better than the other. In the end I think it is what you are comfortable with and think is worth spending your hard earned dollar on.

·
~TYLER~
2,389 Posts
I've also been looking at the rancho lift through work i really like there skid pan and that the kit comes in red :)

·
WORK IN PROCESS
329 Posts
The one thing that really appealed to me about the Rancho was that it allowed you to use factory wheels with factory backspacing. Yes I plan to get new rims and tires after the lift, but again, I live in Ohio, and I plan to keep my factories to run in the winter and save the chromes from the road salt. I know Superlift has maximum backspacing issues because of the new steering knuckles, and I think BDS does too. Once lifted with these two, I would no longer be able to use my "winter" rims. Big problem for me.

·
The Black Mamba
2,512 Posts
Trust me, as someone who Knows, Installs, THEN Drives the CRAP out of Suspension Systems...That Rancho is as good, and possibly better than BDS.
They have been around a heck of a lot longer and Have Huge $$$ tied up in R&D based in Off Road Racing Engineering.

·
WAR MACHINE 2.0
69 Posts
They are both big name companies, but If I had to choose Id choose BDS. Why? they have the best warrenty in the biz. You can DESTROY your entire lift and they will replace it...minus the shocks.

·
WAR MACHINE 2.0
69 Posts
Rancho has the same warranty
I did not know that. I really dont know alot about Rancho on trucks, I see them mostly on jeeps.

Well flip a coin, I looked at the kits and they are nearly identical.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.