DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics of my truck with the Rancho kit.

I have had it a couple of months now (with Doetsch DT-8000 shocks) and am really happy with it, ride and handling are great.

Pics are low resolution (taken with the cell ph) and truck is dirty, but it's what I have now.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks good! Has the same stance as my 4x4.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
What size of tires ya got on there? I am thinking about lifting mine too.

Rancho no longer makes that lift. fart knockers!

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are BFG 265/75R16, mounted on 16X8 MB Motoring Crawler wheels - the same combo I was running with the 1" coil spacer.

I'll need to wait until that rubber wear out to get larger tires, either 285/75R16 or 305/70R16.

Can't you still get the Rancho lift from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers?

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
Mando said:
Those are BFG 265/75R16, mounted on 16X8 MB Motoring Crawler wheels - the same combo I was running with the 1" coil spacer.

I'll need to wait until that rubber wear out to get larger tires, either 285/75R16 or 305/70R16.

Can't you still get the Rancho lift from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers?
What'd you do with that coil spacer? Eh eh buddy?

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
Blast! How did you like them? Did you run longer shocks? Do tell. I'm really thinking about a set of the 1.5"s

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were ok, I was using the stock shocks and ride was basically same as stock.

Now that I replaced my coil springs with heavier rate ones from the Rancho lift, I'd suggest you to go with leveling coils and new shocks - a little expensier but way better results.

Take a look at http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/16.asp - I'm happy with their shocks (got DT-8000), so I'd think their coil springs are also good. They have a 2" leveling kit for $207.13, with new coils and DT-3000 shocks.

Consider there's the same labor involved in addind an spacer as it is in replacing coils and shocks...

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
Hmmm now ya got me lookin at their 6/3 lift. 'cept I'd have to make it 6/4 I wouldn't want a sagging ass. I know it's the Baja look, but I'm not going baja... Haha

Haha, I said baja haha.. haha

·
Registered
250 Posts
LOL... dude you're on crack... lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice truck..I had a 98 sport 5.9 extended cab 2wd.. I had 2" coil spacers at first they sucked...They ate up my ball joints, idler arm, and pitman arms..If you can find them go with the rancho 4" with 4" blocks, and a 3" body lift....You can run 35x12.5x17 with that lift..Great truck and engine put 165,000 miles on her before I blew the engine. I really miss her :( lol.. Picture is a little dark..

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.