Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents.

We all know that the CAT is a BIG restriction in the exhaust system. I run my truck less than 5K miles per year, so I'm emissions exempt. As such, I want to gut the cat on my 1997 Ram with the 360 (4x4, automatic) before I install a Flowmaster cat-back system. I figure with the cat gutted it should sound good (but I am a flowmaster fan).

My question is on the CEL and how it will be affected. I know there are O2 sensors fore and aft of the converter, so I'm concerned that after it's gutted I'll have to deal with a CEL.

I would assume the CEL will be on after I gut the Cat, so how do y'all get around that? How is that generally handled?

Thanks for any tips anyone can provide.

-Greg

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
just get a highflow cat and get smae results ,but better for your truck , and pass emisions. trust me it get loud

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks for the info 96 Sport! That's exactly what I was looking for!

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
No problem, i just picked up a set of them for myself for when i get rid of mine.

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
yeah, i posted that thread a while back, and have now passed 2 emmisions tests (obd2 is done on computer) with out them even knowing anything was remotely wrong:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i posted that thread a while back, and have now passed 2 emmisions tests (obd2 is done on computer) with out them even knowing anything was remotely wrong:D
LOL, that's awesome man. Good deal..... 18MM plug non-foulers here I come! :)

Did you use both and only drill out the first one or just use one CMH?

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
just the one...and a dremel tool makes quick work of fitting the o2 to the nonfouler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.