Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
If you have truck with RamBox, throw some pics up...some of us (myself included) are still on the fence about it. Some don't like the lines, others who have it, love it...I'm looking at a 4th Gen that has it but still sort of on the fence about them...always welcome new perspectives...put up all your pics, boxes open, full of...beverages or whatever.

I'd love to post the first one but I'm in a 3rd Gen and didn't have them yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys,
If you have truck with RamBox, throw some pics up...some of us (myself included) are still on the fence about it. Some don't like the lines, others who have it, love it...I'm looking at a 4th Gen that has it but still sort of on the fence about them...always welcome new perspectives...put up all your pics, boxes open, full of...beverages or whatever.

I'd love to post the first one but I'm in a 3rd Gen and didn't have them yet.

I was on the fence too. I didnt think I would like them and I didnt think I liked the way they looked.... Until I really sat down and considered it, I didnt think I wanted it. I test drove one for about 3 days and I changed my mind.

They are not noticeable at all except for the chrome lock, but its not bad looking. I actually use them all the time. I am an insurance adjuster and I carry around several small items each day. I use to just keep these items in my back seat, but they all fit in the rambox with lots of room left. The only downside that I see is the interior of the bed is smaller. This does not really matter to me because I dont plan on putting anything big in there, but it might be to small to put a 4wheeler in. You might want to check the measurements if you plan to haul anything big in the bed.

I love them and I am glad that I got them. I hear that they will be offered in the 2500 rams soon and that would be cool too. Let me know if you want any other info.

Good Luck Deciding.

Attachments

·
Military Member
515 Posts
:( im sad

·
Registered
191 Posts
Even with the rambox I still haul sheets of plywood laying flat, and whatever else I want. They are only as wide as the wheelwell humps would be. So you really aren't losing much. I use them when I travel to put just about everthing n them, but my suitcases. When I go to the beach, I put the dog leashes, dish, water jug, and blankets in them. Then when I get home just rinse them out. I was leary at first when I got them, but they are very handy and do not regret it.

·
WORK IN PROCESS
329 Posts
I'm not a big fan of how they look, but my buddy has them, and I can tell you, he can haul a massive amount of beer and ice to a tailgate party !!!! :rck:

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I think the RamBox is a great idea, but I didn't want to wait to get one in a Power Wagon or spend the extra $1,200 on them.

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
The ram box bed system is 1 of 2 reasons i traded in my 06. i love the bed and boxes. i use them nearly every day. i can haul ALL of my towing and strapping gear in one box and leaves the other completely empty for whatever i want.

the ONLY drawback is that if you wanted a shell then you dont want a rambox.

I plan on installing a LO PRO QT tonneau and the way they bolt to the rail system makes it really secure.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't heard from one person who has them that doesn't like them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I find it bad that the locks on the ram box isn't connected to the central locks used with the key fob.
You have to pull that little key out of the key fob to lock and un lock the ram boxes.

·
Registered
934 Posts
freaking love mine, i have had two occasions where i wished i hadnt had them - relating to picking up furniture....which compared to the hundreds of times i have thought how cool they are - is peanuts.

holds tonnes of beer - 122 cans i think.

true story - 3pm drove 250KMs to the lake with ice and frozen stuff in the rambox, plus 32C out...next morning a couple pieces of ice remained...drainage plugs are awesome also.

I had some concern about security of locks - but upon further inspection i have no doubts, you would need to do a serious amount of damage to get into them. much harder then breaking a window.

here are some pics i have taken over the last 16 months.

I have bakflip f1, no pictures with it - but looks amazing, a post further up has a pic of that i think.

sean

edit - when i got the truck i didnt want them, was the last truck on lot with 6 pass seating (needed), boy am i glad i got them

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I find it bad that the locks on the ram box isn't connected to the central locks used with the key fob.
You have to pull that little key out of the key fob to lock and un lock the ram boxes.[/QUO

My truck came with an extra key that i have attached to my key fob that i use if i decide to lock something in the Rambox. Haven't had to remove the little key out of the fob yet.

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
mine came with an extra key also, but even if it didnt, you can leave the fob in the ignition and remove the key to lock/unlock them. genius idea. just wish they made a black anodized lock instead of the chrome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got a 2010 with the Ram Box system. So far, I'm diggin em. I was on the fence too, but like the others - glad I got em! My only question so far is can I put a bed cover on the aluminum rails for the adjustable tie-down points.

Also, with a short bed, who would want to put a toolbox across the front of the bed and loose even more space? The Ram boxes are the solution to that short bed conundrum... me thinks.

-Ed

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just got a 2010 with the Ram Box system. So far, I'm diggin em. I was on the fence too, but like the others - glad I got em! My only question so far is can I put a bed cover on the aluminum rails for the adjustable tie-down points.

-Ed
yes Bakflip f1 works great...once installed you are limited to being able to move the tie downs further down the rail.... another words, one will only work for front area and one for back...not two in the back or two in front....not a big deal IMOP.

edit - the tie downs are not statically installed though, they can be moved..just not a lot

SK

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, Sean. I'll have to look into the Bakflip f1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.