DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has an '06 Ram w/Hemi and wants to race the Avalanche style Escalade with the 345 hp motor. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
270 Posts
don't know, may be a good race. The Escalade should be hella heavy with all it's bling-bling...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Escalade EXT drops in at about 6,000 lbs.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
depends on your friends '06. If it is a standard cab 2wd, he should be fine. If he is a QC or 4x4 (or both), he will have a tough time. Those Escalades are pretty quick.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, he's got the QC with the 20s but the other guy has 24s. I think the Escalade has an aftermaket exhaust.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well they raced last night and it was an even race except on the top end where the Caddy walked away from the Ram.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Dang that sucks....i would of thought the Ram would at least have pulled on him.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mheideman said:
Car and Driver gave the Escalade a slower 0-60 time than the Hemi. Not that that means much.
What 0-60 time did the Hemi get? What trim was the truck? Any documented times on a QC 4x4 hemi with 20's and 3.92's?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hydro....this was just a street race.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Im not understanding something here esp. saying that he has 24's. Ive seen the exact race, on a 2005 QC Hemi 4x4, and an Avalanche Escalade, with small stock rims, and the hemi still had him my a truck and a half.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Not all of the Escalades have the same motor. They keep increasing the HP numbers with each year it seems. Many of them are also AWD, so who knows how much of an impact that made.

·
Life's Good
660 Posts
That makes no sense we g-tech'd my friends step dad's '05 escalade and it ran a 15.7, the EXT's weigh alot more like 400lbs, plus he has 24's. Those '06 Rams must be dogs like I've heard.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I made a mistake on one thing....22s, not 24s. Sorry. The Caddys are goverened at 120...isn't ours at 105?

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
onlyone said:
I call BS on this thread. Only way that Caddy pulled away at top end is if the MDS kicked in. :smokin:

Why would the MDS kick in....if he was racing him wouldnt he have the RAM floored? There would be no reason for the MDS to kick in at WOT. I do admit that the 06's are dogs compared to other HEMI Rams.

·
Registered
46 Posts
lpfan4life85 said:
Why would the MDS kick in....if he was racing him wouldnt he have the RAM floored? There would be no reason for the MDS to kick in at WOT. I do admit that the 06's are dogs compared to other HEMI Rams.

I was being a smart alec. Offcourse the MDS wont kick in. And yes the 06's are just as strong as the stock earlier ones. They have a softer peddle than the old ones. I have driven both and the older Hemi rams have a really touchy peddle. I can spin those 20's as much as I want.
:rck:

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
its very possible the escalade walked away.. i posted a thread months ago when i got smoked by a 4-door denali truck with a 6 liter.. SC and some breaking in and i walk away now... these stock 06 QC's are probly runnin 1/4 in mid 16's... 0-60 in 8 seconds...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.