DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has anyone used for headers? I was thinking about these block-hugger shorties by Patriot. I don't think Ram and Dakota headers will fit because of obvious clearance issues.

Attachments

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I saw those. I don't care for the way they hang down which made for some funky looking bends in the pipes.

I think I'm going to stick with my stock manifolds...they actually don't breathe too bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
got this off of headers by ed site on shortys.

We do NOT make shorty headers as we know them to be considerably lacking in performance improvement capability (they cheat users out of good performance gains).
Note that for MOST applications - and this includes many forms of racing as well as street use - header tubes should be equal in length and 34" or longer as a header's ability to produce strong bottom end and mid-range power gains (in other words, produce a broad power band) is tightly linked to header tube length. Shorty headers don't come close to these design requirements - and, therefore, should be avoided at all costs IF maximum performance improvement is desired.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good info. Thanks.

I've heard that before about shorty headers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.