Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, OK, yeah the goat is dead.
But look at how destroyed the (Silverado?? ..) is... It's not going anywhere either.
RAM BAD-ASS!! :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
looks ram tough to me. lol the goat that is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Maybe there is an advantage to a bumper as big as mine. I'd be eating tenderized meat for dinner. :D

I once had a full-size bull charge my truck head-on. My only thought was "do I put it in neutral, to protect the transmission?" He stopped just short of hitting me, as the truck apparently didn't flinch.

I like the older trucks. There's a lot more steel in them.

·
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe there is an advantage to a bumper as big as mine. I'd be eating tenderized meat for dinner. :D

I once had a full-size bull charge my truck head-on. My only thought was "do I put it in neutral, to protect the transmission?" He stopped just short of hitting me, as the truck apparently didn't flinch.

I like the older trucks. There's a lot more steel in them.
Granted, those big-horns get pretty big/heavy ... But I hit a deer (Probably about 150 lbs) in my 79' at 50 mph, and there was waaaaaaaay less damage than that... (Grille-broken headlight-fender)

·
87 Dodge mountian goat
365 Posts
me and wifey both have hit a few deer around here...both in the Dodge and her K5 Blazer. We've been very lucky we've had like no damage to our rigs. I think we just have soft deer here lol

·
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hee hee .... I think everything depends on the rig....

The first deer I hit in my PW was when I first got it... Stock height, no bull bar, and undersize tires. Since then, 4" suspension lift, 33" tires, bull bar ... And I've hit two deer, who simply rolled under the truck. No damage except for blood splatters.

The little Geo my wife drives sometimes, she hit a deer once (Rig sits really low) rolled over the hood. (And yeah, it's a tin can, but I keep it because of 43 mpg)
Hood - fender - radiator - windshield - headlight & bezel - coolant & washer fluid tanks - battery tray.

·
87 Dodge mountian goat
365 Posts
ya those lil cars don't hold up well.....years ago my uncle hit a deer in a 280Z....deer became a passenger till he got home. My Dodge being stock was actually "merciful" to the deer....right under they went. Wife's blazer..stock hight with 33's....not so merciful (somehow cut one deer in two)...but she bounced right over it and kept on a goin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.