DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a touchless car wash today because a bird had crapped all over my truck sometime last night. When it was done I got out of the truck to put the side mirrors back in place (i pushed them in before) and closed the drivers door behind me. The truck was in park and running.

I have done this many times before without any issue.... when i check my mail, tire pressure, whatever. When I came back to the drivers door it was locked with my wallet and phone inside! I've never had this happen before and I'm completely lost as to whats going on. I had borrow some strangers cell phone and pay $30 to have the door slim jimed.

I did recently change my door panels and the lock / window switches to some out of an SRT-10. Could this have anything to do with it?

When I got home I decided to see if I could replicate the situation. I left my truck running with the windows opened and checked my mail. It happened again. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Start simple...re-check your connections. Perhaps when slamming the door it activates the lock? No worries....there easy to slim jim =0)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GOT RAM said:
Start simple...re-check your connections. Perhaps when slamming the door it activates the lock? No worries....there easy to slim jim =0)
They guy actually took quite a while to get it opened. He had to try three different tools and it took him at least 10 minutes to get it opened. I was suprised! I'll go check those connections.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
My truck has locked me out several times. Its happened to several other on here too. I had an extra key made for the door at wal-mart and now I carry it in my wallet. You could also disable the auto lock feature.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine has d=one it to me on several occasions. Have an extra key made and keep it in your waller or in a magnetic box. Can't figure it out, it just does it.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Im always worried about that so if i get out i always put my window down about halfway. enough where i can get my hand in and unlock it if i have to.

Just something i worry about and always dow now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.