Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' everyone...

Okay, maybe I'm having a complex, maybe I've just lost my mind, but while driving around town I see quite a few other Dodge RAM trucks that appear to ride quite a bit higher than mine, just wondering if I've missed something along the way?

My truck is stock, for now (gotta pay for awhile first), 2004 1500 Q/C, 3.55 rear-end with the 4.7L V8, 4x2 and I didn't get it with the trailer towing package.

Of the ones I've seen on the road, most have been 1500 Q/C's with no badges indicating 4x4 or Hemi, and they don't appear to be 'jacked up'.

When I leave for lunch I'll take a few quick measurements and post them back here, most importantly between the top of the tire and the outside wheel shroud.

Am I nuts? :)

JWP

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I would think 4x2s sit lower than 4x4s, also if the other trucks have the 20-inch wheels and bigger tires they would sit higher, and 2500s are higher than 1500s ...

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Looking at your truck in the Gallery, it does seem to have smaller tires than most SLT Rams...... what size are those?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FreeLantz,

Tires are Michelin P245/70R17...

Now, the numbers below represent the distance between the top of the tire and the outside edge of the wheel well, external (paint side).

Front: 5.5"
Rear: 9.5"

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I believe the 245 is almost 2" in diameter smaller than the 265. That will make a 1" difference in truck height.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
JWPauler said:
Now, the numbers below represent the distance between the top of the tire and the outside edge of the wheel well, external (paint side).
Front: 5.5"
Rear: 9.5"

Any thoughts?
Mine Just for comparisons from the top of the tire to the wheel well lip........

front....-.7/8"
rear ....-.3/4"

LMAO.....yours does sit high!!! Just kidding around this morning!!!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.