DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ust started on prepareing the fiberglass case for the mags as they finally arrived.

misc stereo stuff goin in
Stereo Integrity magnum D2 subwoofers (pair
hifonics XX-Collossus-II
infinty kappa 6.1 perfect componens
hifonicx XX-olympus
pioneer Avic-x1BT
kinetik hc20000 (pair)

my faitfull helper who likes sharp things a bit to much.

pickups are practical and this one has cupholders

no vacum cleaner available, so used the tape to remove dust and debris

progress

my friend seems to enjoy the gloves a bit to much

1st layer of mold wax done

hope it doesn't leak, layer nr 2 done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
subs has powerfull magnets eh, they also killed both visa cards and the mastercard I had in my pocket while lifting them :| buying food on saturday was interesting.

1.5KG of polyester and some 450 fiberglass later first layer was done.. I do have a mask I just forgot to put it on! ohh I'm such an idiot...
I used a wide roller for the straight and small diagonal roller for the corners.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got 8KG more of polyester and some biaxal 450 mat and more regular 450
sanded the 1st layer down and washed with acetone.

I now have 5 layers in total, 3 regular and 2 biaxial. the layup starts and ends with regular. do you think this is solid enough for the mags?

the last layer of normal with biaxial beneath

tada

ohh yeah working with gasmask > working without.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
going for either 25 or 30mm divnycell, getting it from a friend who builds and races offshore boats. speaking of cost.. that bixial mat costs 200USD for 10meters!

I might re-enforce the bottom as well, but I think with all the curves it will probably be enought, and it's closer to 6 layers where all the curves are..

polyester is now dry

tape sticking to box and the car has no polyesterspill or any crap at all!

removing tape

tada!

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
Nice!
That's similar to the way I did mine, except I made a frame for the baffle board to make attaching the baffle board easier.

Just out of curiousity, why leave the carpet in place when you formed the mold?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bill Lawrence said:
Nice!
Just out of curiousity, why leave the carpet in place when you formed the mold?
If you take the carpet out and make your fiberglass part it will be about 1/2 an inch too large and it won't fit once the carpet is put back in.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
joefox said:
If you take the carpet out and make your fiberglass part it will be about 1/2 an inch too large and it won't fit once the carpet is put back in.
yepp :)

each sub will get aprox 1.3 ft^3 so it will be quite a small case. it's a strict SQ setup and hopefully it will end up nicely, I will start removing the carpet and putting dynamat extreme everywhere soon ;)

I'm gonna get some paper out and start makeing some drawins and math on the volums of the sub, the plate is basicly a holder for each individual small dome sub case with a battery stand in the middle, perhaps 2?

the amps will be mounted a 70degrees angle or so from vertical on the back of the wall facing the window.

gotto love the bolts where the seats used to go, good ground and good for bolting stuff down.

I will be looking at your project bill.

and to joefox, your boxes are no doubt the best thing if you actually wanna use the backseats in your dualcab, but seeing as that would cost me aprox $150k USD in taxes or so... I'd rather not =)

·
jokersHEMI
615 Posts
andersnor said:

and to joefox, your boxes are no doubt the best thing if you actually wanna use the backseats in your dualcab, but seeing as that would cost me aprox $150k USD in taxes or so... I'd rather not =)[/QUOTE/]

Why? Where are you located?

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
joefox said:
I really meant that you would leave the carpet out for the duration of time that the box is in the vehicle.

Remove the carpet, and replace it with Scosche Accumat.

Then use a wood frame for the baffle board mount.

Then make your mold.

I like the way you made the enclosure though. It looks lighter than mine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jokersmith said:
andersnor said:

and to joefox, your boxes are no doubt the best thing if you actually wanna use the backseats in your dualcab, but seeing as that would cost me aprox $150k USD in taxes or so... I'd rather not =)[/QUOTE/]

Why? Where are you located?
Norway, from 1st of january 2007 car taxes will go up even more, we got the new taxrates yesterday and everybody has started buying and importing cars to get them registerd before the taxes go even further up, today I have to pay aprox 80k USD in tax on a new m3, after 1st of january I have to pay 100k USD in tax. my boss went and bought a new m5 on friday, that is gonna go up 30-35k in tax... after january, so we are registering monday ;)

only small dieselcars like the audi a3/a4 will be cheaper. the taxes are set so the more gas it uses the more expensive it gets + the number of HP

basicly, if it has a gas engine it will go up, if it's fun + gas .. ohh crap :|

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill Lawrence said:
I really meant that you would leave the carpet out for the duration of time that the box is in the vehicle.

Remove the carpet, and replace it with Scosche Accumat.

Then use a wood frame for the baffle board mount.

Then make your mold.

I like the way you made the enclosure though. It looks lighter than mine.
this would not have worked for me, I'm not mounting the baffels directly on top and flushing the speakers. this will only provide 10-15liters, I need 33. the subwoofer will be mounted aprox 15-20cm above the flats. I'm only makeing this custom bottom so I can have a large woofer box, with the appearance of a small one.

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
Nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
nice gear, i've heard nothing but good things about the mags. :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
been working on the finish on the box, also trying to get the damn divnicell which is prooving not to be as easy as my friend said. thinking about 22 or 25mm mdf instead and reinforce it.

got the amps and packaging was perfect, 2 shippingagents and the long trip to norway with no damage. sonic really did a great job on the wrapping. the larger outside boxes was pretty banged up, but since they had insane ammounts of bubble wraps nothing inside was hurt.

pioneer X1-BT pretty much same as N3 in the US I think I got bluetooth adapter, ipod adapter and reverse camera adapter that kicks in automaticly.. the company I work for is a pioneer dealer, ususally sell home stereo/plasmas, but we also get car stereo weee.

loads of 0/1 gauge, 2 gauge and misc connectors, kicker distribution boxes, battery thingys, 300A fuses, holders.. hmm yeah I feel robbed when looking at the prices

dynamat extreme whole car kit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.