DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2013 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab that the dealer updated with brand new Fuze 20 inch wheels and Nitto Grappler 2 tires, LT275/60R20s from what I recall.

We noticed a leak on the garage floor that appears to now be from one of the front shocks. I am working with the dealer on seeing if they will do anything about it (used vehicle 83K) since we saw it basically the morning after the first night we got it home, however, if that doesn't go well and we need to pay to fix, I am curious if its worth putting on another set of stockers, or, should be upgrade, and if so what to?

I have heard that billstein shocks are some of the best, but I am not sure what exactly I would need on my version of the RAM 1500 since I have seen a set of 4 "shocks" for less than $300 shipped from 4wd truck website. But would that be all that is needed?

Also, this vehicle for now is pretty much just replacing our family trip vehicle which was a Dodge Durango 2006 and maybe towing a small flatbed trailer once in awhile unless the wife pushes now for us to go camping :nono

So figure a crew cab RAM 1500 full of people (6) and stuff in the bed.

Would the 4600s be good or should the 5100s be used?

Thanks for all the help, I am totally new to the truck thing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also one other thing, any issues replacing the fronts with say 4600s or 5100s and then doing the rears later?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.