Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
05QuadRam said:
I got mine for $12,000 off - plus a $3500 rebate - and my previous truck was paid off, and they gave me $6300 for it..
Yeah, but the $12,000 has to include the $3500 rebate, not in addition to it.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bionicrooster said:
So why is this so hard to believe Brudha? Most dealerships offer similar promotions at one time or another when you finance through Chyrsler. I got my Dakota for 7000 off of the msrp for the same reason.
It's so hard to believe since all five of the dealerships I went to I caused a major stir with the managers who just shook their heads in disbelief. No matter who or how they computed the numbers they were going to lose money. Depending on trim level and configuration, the dealerships were looking at losing from $1050 to over $1500 if they did the deal. A couple decided they had to do it after having a meeting with the owners and since they had a price-matching policy. They wanted to make up the difference on the trade amount, but I told them I was going to sell it outright since they weren't able to offer what I thought I could get.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
got my hemi for 11,200 off MSRP of $31

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
NocBlue said:
What part of the country are you talking about? It might be worth a oneway ticket then drive the truck home!
Twin Cities, Minnesota

Go here:

Local Dealers

Luther Brookdale Dodge is the dealership advertising $12,000 off. They have like 75 in stock. Some of the other dealers even have more, like Rosedale. I purchased from Forest Lake for a very hard to find black with leather and sunroof. Maybe your local dealers will match it. Sale is advertised just through Wed. which is the end of the month. I believe dealers must meet their monthly quota to receive overall dealers hold-back money, that's why they're willing to take smaller losses per vehicle right now.

Happy calling, driving, or flying. :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
uncbob said:
That is what HIGH gas prices will do to the price on Gas Guzzlers
As I said with gas prices going up up up they realize they are going to be stuck with 11-12 mpg city trucks unless they get rid of them ASAP

Like a salesman told me the days of people buying them for a 4 door family vehicles are basically over

Work trucks or Toys for those with $$$$$ are the only real market for them

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
uncbob said:
As I said with gas prices going up up up they realize they are going to be stuck with 11-12 mpg city trucks unless they get rid of them ASAP

Like a salesman told me the days of people buying them for a 4 door family vehicles are basically over

Where you been bob? You have not posted in a while

·
Registered
58 Posts
05QuadRam said:
I got mine for $12,000 off - plus a $3500 rebate - and my previous truck was paid off, and they gave me $6300 for it..
No way they took $12,000 off in addition to a $3500 rebate.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Where you been bob? You have not posted in a while
Hasn't been that long has it

Only 5 days since my last posts till today

·
Registered
47 Posts
uncbob said:

It would be nice to buy new work truck without having to pay for all the bells and whistles that have been added to trucks in recent years. Some of us actually use our trucks for work...do you know how hard it was to find a truck with vinyl floors?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm selling my '98 Chev Z71, but I'm still hanging on to my old '89 F-150 with 32M actual miles. I use that for any real dirty 'work' that needs to get done. It's not worth selling at this point. Engine is just broke in.....

·
Too much violence
3,892 Posts
I'm wondering if we will in the long run go back to the days of gas rationing?

uncbob said:
That is what HIGH gas prices will do to the price on Gas Guzzlers
Yep!

I'm wondering if we will in the long run go back to the days of gas rationing? Which I experienced first hand back in the late 1970’s, if memory serves? I remember not being able to travel very far without proper regard for the nature of logistics: problems stemming from the “odd – even gas rationing” put in place to address the fuel shortage. I was a teenager stationed at NAS Patuxent River – Maryland at the time, and there were quite a few gas-guzzlers running around back in those days. Back then I drove a brand new (1978) Pontiac Grand Prix, looks like those days might be coming back. Just a wee "lad" I was, but I remember how weird that felt: because my folks lived about nine hundred miles away.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The $12K off doesn't surprise me in the least. I think in the coming months you will see even better offers. The escalating costs of fuel are going to change the buying habits of folks. The only people who will be buying V8 full sized trucks when gas is $4 a gallon will be tradesmen, farmers, etc... who really need a truck. The days of the big SUV's for the Soccer Mom doing errands and the 1 ton Dually for the retired couple as a daily driver are over IMO.

Wait a month or so until heating oil has doubled from last year, gas is $4+ and in short supply, and people are in real financial trouble and see what the dealer will sell you a HEMI Ram 4X4 for. I bet even better then the deal you found.

I sure hope I am wrong but the facts of the oil situation don't say so. It is looking very bleak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those are my feelings exactly... I don't like to spread doom and gloom but if the nations fuel bills double, this is exactly the scenario that will kick the economy right off the cliff. Just imagine the US auto industry tanking resulting in sweeping job losses, I think this will precipitate the housing bubble burst that people are in denial about, factor in the devaluation of the dollar and the trade deficit and WOW momma! This is gonna be a hellaofaride...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
$12,000 off MSRP extended thru 9-6-05. Still the best advertised deal that I know of in the country at the present time. Not just on one particular stock #, but ALL Ram 1500 4x4's they have in stock - and they have close to 100. Have your local dealer try and match it before plunking down an additional $1500 to $2500.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Deal still going on. Is there ANY dealership yet in the country advertising as low? If not, then at least you know the 'floor' of which to start bargaining with on your purchase. Save yourself at least a cool $1500 or more. Roseville Dodge and Forest Lake Dodge will match it. They probably have 100-150 '05 trucks between them.

It's very simple to compare. Look at your newspaper's ads and look at their Employee Pricing advertising gimmick's bottom line price. Take the MSRP and subtract $12,000. I bet most all for a QC 4x4 Hemi will be roughly $1500 more than the $12,000 off sticker price.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You know what really sucks is that deals like that really put alot of us in the hole if we ever decided to trade as the new car market is crazy right now. The plus side is in about 3-4 years all these newer models can be had for a really good price. I've come to realization that I will have to keep my truck for some time to come.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got my 04' 4x4 Hemi Quad cab Big Horn edition, loaded except the U Connect option for $30,100.00. Sticker price is $40,600.00
$10,500.00 savings

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.