Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lord Vader
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

need your help asap. I have a 05 RAM SRT10 QC and need a wiring plan for the radio because my dealer tries to install a Alpine GPS radio and they have no ideas which cable is what. Is anyone having a wiring plan for me ? My RAM is now for 3 days over there and I´m now really get p******.

Many thanks in advance,
Geronimo

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
They need to go to the store and buy an adapter harness........

Why would you pay the dealer to do this simple install. You should tell them nevermind and do it yourself.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, I just got done installing a Pioneer AVIC-N2 in my 05 3500 CTD. If you have the upgraded Infinity system, you're gonna have a huge problem. The factory amp is powered and controlled by the truck's computer. So you're either gonna have to find a harness that bypasses the stock amp or just bypass it all together with a new amp. I chose to bypass it with a new amp. It was a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Attached are the diagrams for the radio. As RUB1CON indicates the PCI bus is a problem. It's my understanding aftermarket harnesses just bypasses the factory amp and runs the speakers directly from the head unit amp. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
i have heard its abad idea to run your speakers off the head unit for long period of time, some to do with retarding the speakers... or was that i was the retard... lol.. good luck bro...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.