DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want a heads up on what I need to do to pull out my RAQ head unit. I'm installing a USA SPEC Aux adapter (DF-CHRY) for my Sirius PNP so any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Kurt

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
ksinbox said:
I just want a heads up on what I need to do to pull out my RAQ head unit. I'm installing a USA SPEC Aux adapter (DF-CHRY) for my Sirius PNP so any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Kurt
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you pull out the dash to get to the back of the radio? I believe it is just held in by clips and I don't want to break anything if there is some screw some where that I don't see. Advice on where to pull to release the clips would be nice also.

Thanks,
Kurt

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
yeah i wanted to know this also because im switching radios with my dads durango and i cant figure out how to take the sob apart my ram comes apart in about 3 seconds

·
Registered
444 Posts
This question was posted in the 3rd gen Dakota section, is the question for a Dakota or a Ram ?

Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bob,

My question is for a 2005 Dakota SLT Quad Cab.

-Kurt

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are two screws on the underside of that middle trim piece at the bottom. Remove those and the rest is just clips, but you'll have to disconnect the wires to the miscellaneous controls also (everything only plugs in one way, so it is easy).

The radio itself is merely held on by two screws on the sides once you get the trim piece off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You Jeseth. I will be receiving my Aux adapter Friday so your timing was perfect.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How did it go? I had ordered a USA Spec Adapter to try with my iPod, but I was not able to get it to work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No luck. I even got an email from USA Spec saying that it will work before I ordered it. :VHOT: I'm going to contact them again and see what they say but it looks like I'll have to send it back. Sucks!!!

-Kurt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Heh, I'm supposed to contact USA Spec's Tech Support today on mine, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
watch pulling the radio out as the antenna connection might be caught on the air ducts. pulled mine apart had to solder it back together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.