DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my new 2005 Ram 1500 Laramie. I got a great deal but the radio didnt work so they are putting in a cheaper aftermarket radio. They say it is too expensive to put a stock one back in. I fought with them but they said they dont have too and showed me the dotted line where I signed my name. So my question is that how do I know the stock radio I am looking at on ebay is the correct one and is it worth putting one back in my truck. I just prefer the look of stock but if anyone has any pointers that would be great.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Basically it will have an oval shaped face. Usually the auctions state what vehicles it will fit. If its for a pre 2002 Ram, it wont fit, it its for a post 2005 Ram it wont fit.

KB

·
nick
390 Posts
Stock Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
if you bought it new .... or is it used but new to you?
if you are within the 3/36 warranty (provided you bought it at a dodge dealership, they should have transfered the warranty at that time) they - meaning the dealership shouldnt be giving you a song and dance about putting in an aftermarket radio but instead putting a factory radio back the way it was bought..... take it to another dealership or call your local chrysler rep

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm guessing Dodge would'nt warrenty the RB1 if it was put in after the original truck sale. Even though it's a OEM.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Didn't buy it from a Dodge Dealer I'm guessing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, I bought it on Ebay, it's on the way now. Was just curious since I have seen some folks with bad units on these boards since I started looking into the unit. I'm sure it will be okay. :tup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.