DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the 2009 Grand Caravan SE with the basic Single CD Player Radio unit and have a chance to buy a head unit from a 2009 Grand Caravan SXT, a double din with 6.5" screen (not sure if its the nav or non nav unit). Will this be a direct plug and play swap for either the non nav OR nav 6.5" double din unit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picked up a Mygig 730 out of a 2009 SXT, installed it in my 2009 SE and wasn't working right, initially came up with the message about using while driving and accepted it, then it froze. The Dodge logo would show for a minute or so then turn off and it would repeat, unit wouldn't turn on.

Then I opened the unit up and disconnected the internal hard drive as its a known part to cause issues after years of use - turning the unit on after this I can accept the initial message it shows and then use the radio, plays fine, can change stations, but only for about a minute and then it seems to freeze as screen is unresponsive. Sound will still play for about 10 more seconds and then unit turns off. Thinking this may be an issue of needing the radio code reprogrammed although I had read some info that said the 2008-2010 units didn't need that.

I do have a 4 month warranty on the unit and can return for credit at the yard so will be doing so as it seems I've run out of things to try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts