DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Dingo R/T
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been away a long time. I picked up an M3 a while back and thought I was going to sell the old Dingo. In the end though I couldn't give her up so I'm back :rck: Anyone miss me? Hah...kidding.

Got a question. I have a pioneer aftermarket stereo that I want to get rid of and go back to stock. Circuit City, the shop that did the work, cut and spliced wires to make the steering wheel controls work with the Pioneer HU. Basically, the little plastic piece that was at the end of the stock wires, which would have connected to the back of the original HU is no longer there. Did that make sense???

Does anyone know where I can get a new one? Would that be a new radio harness??? I'm not even sure what it’s called.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

· Registered
6 Posts
I would just go to the junkyard and snip the factory harness out of a wrecked rig and solder it on to the factory wires. If you have access to a wiring diagram, it shouldn't take more then a half hour or so to solder all the conections.

Pat

· Registered
1,925 Posts

· Dingo R/T
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the idea. I'll try a junk yard.

I went to the dealer and bought a similar harness to the one on ebay. Problem is that my Dingo doesn't have the two plugs (smaller gray and black ones). I have one large grey plug that goes in the back of the radio. There is a white wire that comes from the steering wheel area that has been wripped out.

Anyway. FYI. when I went to the dealer they told me that they are having a sale on CD Changers because they've been discontinued. I picked up a 6 disk changer for $50 (another $50 for the harness and mounting hardware). It's the mopar one that connects to the factory stereo....just an FYI if any one is looking.

· Registered
1,925 Posts
debauch said:
Thanks for the idea. I'll try a junk yard.

I went to the dealer and bought a similar harness to the one on ebay. Problem is that my Dingo doesn't have the two plugs (smaller gray and black ones).
I assumed that you wouldn't have the two plugs (they're only on earlier models), but that you'd splice and solder the new connector into the old wiring harness. If you have the adapter harness from the dealer, you can cut off the two smaller plugs and splice the large one into your vehicle harness.

· Dingo R/T
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick99 said:
I assumed that you wouldn't have the two plugs (they're only on earlier models), but that you'd splice and solder the new connector into the old wiring harness. If you have the adapter harness from the dealer, you can cut off the two smaller plugs and splice the large one into your vehicle harness.
Hum...ok. I didn't think of that. That's a good idea.

Do they match up by color then?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,925 Posts
debauch said:
Hum...ok. I didn't think of that. That's a good idea.

Do they match up by color then?

Thanks.
I don't know about the factory adapter, but when I did my wife's van with the one from eBay, they "sorta" matched by color. I used the connector pin-out diagram in the factory service manual to match the pin location in the connector to the correct wire color in the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.