DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Shark Hunter
7,273 Posts
Had mine changed last week.
The 05 set up is the only replacement now.
It does not require a shroud change and seems like a better set up all round.
My build date was 05/2004 and had the old type "easy" split header/expansion/coolant tank.

·
Shark Hunter
7,273 Posts
The washer tank goes and the new tank has a new washer bottle as part of its one piece assembly. One bolt goes through the shroud as seen in the pictures above and thats it.

·
Shark Hunter
7,273 Posts
KB112 said:
Never assume this style is the only replacement, Craig had his fixed repeatedly and they used the old one. Just like when I had my door seals replaced they used the old style, not til I came in with the correct part #s did they do it right.

KB
That should only happen if your dealer either has them in stock or your regional distribution center still has them. The earlier tanks and I think seals have been replaced by the "new" type. You can't get the "old" type anymore unless their sat on a shelf in a slow moving dealers.
Brother-in-law is a Dodge parts manager and he's the one that originally told me about the tank's. So if he can't get the "old" style tank not sure how anyone else can. :)

PS It's also nice to get parts and accessories at dealer cost +10%. One of the only reason's I put up with him. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.