DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was tired of my Radiator Over Flow leaking all the damn time. My '02 Ram did it and my '04 was doing it now too. You can tell by looking at the seam on top of the overflow tank. Mine was always black and crusty and had fluid on it, always wet. After my last trip to Monterey and back I was fed up.

Fluid dripped out and was splashed onto my intake area and looked shitty. Which sucks cuz I had detailed the truck before the trip, including in the engine bay. So I had them replace it at my dealer this week. They love me and my warranty work there. :D Had that replaced and my upper and lower door seals in the last 10 days or so.

They replaced the Radiator Over Flow and Washer Fluid tanks with the new upgraded one off the '05-'06 Rams. The newer trucks have a combo unit, where the two tanks are side by side and mount higher on the radiator. Hopefully this new one does the job, I haven't heard of any problems with these yet. So if you are still under warranty, I suggest getting it replaced now and with the new unit.

Here are the part #s for the new tanks.

PN # : 55056502AC Bottle Coolant Reserve &
PN # : 6505492AA U-Nut-U Multi Thread
PN # : 6102396AA Screw-Oval Head

Attachments

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I wonder if this would still allow room for the AIRRAM filter. Looks kind of tight, but it just may be the pics....but it does not much cleaner with the new tank setup. Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a lil pic of what I was referring to. See how this one has a leak on the seam? You can see red fluid on it in this pic. Plus you could squeeze my tank and hear air whoosh in/out of it.

KB

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do it to it. Should be free in my opinion, especially seeing as how they made an upgraded version and screwed you with the old one for so long.

KB

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
KB112 said:
Do it to it. Should be free in my opinion, especially seeing as how they made an upgraded version and screwed you with the old one for so long.

KB
well Im going over this morning to let them loook under the truck to make sure that it is the pinion seal bad so Im taking that info with me to say wtf LOL

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
KEnny had the pinion seal done yesterday and they looked at the resivoir tank. they were supposed to call chrysler on monday to give them the fix ammount so chrysler could determine if they wanted todo a good will fix. well the maed of the service dept. said HE would just do it as soon as he can get inventory done and not bother calling chysler. He is just telling them they did the fix. I then said well your going to replace with the 05 set up he looked it up and said well that means the shroud and this and that need to be done, I said well I have heard that the 05 set up dont have this problem like the 04 set up does. so if you do the 04 set up I will be back. He said he would get whatever parts he need and upgrade it to the 05 det up FREE!!! Now to wait to see when he calls. I will give him a week to get back to me! Thanks kenny for this info I hope it works out

·
Registered
850 Posts
Did they change this design mid year or something? I have an 04 and it looks just like the one you show as the 05-06 design. Oh, and the =Air=Ram=> does fit. I'll try to put up some photo's soon.

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
RENTALWHITEHEMI said:
Did they change this design mid year or something? I have an 04 and it looks just like the one you show as the 05-06 design. Oh, and the =Air=Ram=> does fit. I'll try to put up some photo's soon.
they may have I bought mine early in jan of 04 and mine looks like this crappy leaking thing shown here! oh i had it replace 3 x so far now I want the new design KEnny posted!

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
dale3fan3 said:
oh i had it replace 3 x so far now I want the new design KEnny posted!
Absolutely, get that thing outtah there. It may be a small amount but I'd bet there are contaminants getting in also.

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
Had mine changed last week.
The 05 set up is the only replacement now.
It does not require a shroud change and seems like a better set up all round.
My build date was 05/2004 and had the old type "easy" split header/expansion/coolant tank.

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
rtes said:
Had mine changed last week.
The 05 set up is the only replacement now.
It does not require a shroud change and seems like a better set up all round.
My build date was 05/2004 and had the old type "easy" split header/expansion/coolant tank.
thanks rob I will call the dealer tomorrow and tell them that!! oh wait screw it they wnt to put a ne shroud on to I m game LOL

·
Registered
850 Posts
Here are the pics

Attachments

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Holy shiite! Is that a stock Air_Ram? I knew they were big, that one just looks huge!

Makes my aFe look itty-bitty now:D

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Where does the new tank hook up to the shroud? Same "slot" as the stock washer tank?

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
The washer tank goes and the new tank has a new washer bottle as part of its one piece assembly. One bolt goes through the shroud as seen in the pictures above and thats it.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
So the new setup bolts into the same hole on top of the shroud, and isn't secured anywhere on the shroud. The old setup had a slot where the washer bottle "locked" into.

Just wondering, cause I have trimmed my shroud - and gonna try to get the new bottle setup from my dealer.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No problemo Craig, glad they are gonna do you right! My truck was built 3/2004 and had the old style tank, glad the new design is better, probably cheaper for them too! Never assume this style is the only replacement, Craig had his fixed repeatedly and they used the old one. Just like when I had my door seals replaced they used the old style, not til I came in with the correct part #s did they do it right.

KB

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.