DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My van is 1995 dodge B2500. I tried to flushing my radiator 5 times and still clogged few holes so I called radiator shop to see how much cost to flush my radiator and he said , will cost me 85.00 dollars , is that reasonable price or should I get new radiator? Please let me know, needs your opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My van is 1995 dodge B2500. I tried to flushing my radiator 5 times and still clogged few holes so I called radiator shop to see how much cost to flush my radiator and he said , will cost me 85.00 dollars , is that reasonable price or should I get new radiator? Please let me know, needs your opinion.
Just buy a new radiator. They're around $150. Also, have you replaced your water pump and thermostat?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just buy a new radiator. They're around $150. Also, have you replaced your water pump and thermostat?

Hi, I have been thinking about to buy new radiator so I will order it today and I already bought thermostat ( 195 degrees) . Not water pump

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure how dirty your cooling system was, but you may consider changing the water pump later down the road. Also flush your heater core as well.
I changed my 1998 original water pump, radiator, hoses, and thermostat at 158,000 miles in 2019, and it had some pitting around the impeller pump area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure how dirty your cooling system was, but you may consider changing the water pump later down the road. Also flush your heater core as well.
I changed my 1998 original water pump, radiator, hoses, and thermostat at 158,000 miles in 2019, and it had some pitting around the impeller pump area.

Hi

here is update, I replaced new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat, new fan clutch and fan blade. Then poured new anti freeze and overheated.
I don’t know what happened. Upper and lower radiator hose cold and I turn heater on and high, still cold air. Help!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you tried to flush your heater core with a garden hose and see if it flows water through?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts