DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I decided to go ahead and have kwik kar do my flush, too much trouble to dispose of coolant and do it myself. Anyway, I was wondering if its normal for it to take about 3 hours before my radiator cooled down. After the flush, my truck is still running alittle hot, not much. but i want to put a new radiator cap on it, but the lines and reservoir is still real hot. Before I had the flush, it cooled off in about 30 minutes. I tried to take the cap off, but coolant started to run everywhere and I quickly tightened the cap back on. It looks to me like the bottle is really FULL. Is this normal?? Just checking, hoping it would be a quick fix instead of replacing radiator. Dodge ram 2002 3.7l V6. Thnkx in advance.

· Registered
542 Posts
Man! I don't know what to say. My oven doesn't even stay
hot that long and it's fully insulated. Are you sure you're
not exadurating? A cooling system will still have a bit of
pressure on it for quite a long time, but if you turn the cap
slowly it will relieve without any real force. It only takes a
few degrees to produce "some" back pressure.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
they over filled it most likely cuz those places kno the radiator will "throw up" any extra coolant. mine will get its hottest right after shut down as the coolant is sitting in the block no being circulated. not piping hot after hours though.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. Well I got smart later and opened up my hood and let it air out and it cooled down right away. But for a few hours before it was still hot, and this was in the evening with a temp of about 65 outside. I never felt it that hot though. Now i'm paranoid and every time I get home I open the hood and let it air out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.