Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some racing seats on eBay
anyone out there ever install these aftermarket seats in their car?

says in the ad they come with universal mounting brackets

do they use the factory bolt holes?
if not does anyone know how they mount in the car??

·
HoodooGuru
1,586 Posts
The rails they come with are universal.
You wont be able to use your existing seat brackets as they are an integral part of the seat.
You would need to get new brackets welded up to fit the existing floor bolting holes.
I just did it. Damn time consuming job.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Do you have a link? If the measurements from bolt to bolt are similar you could take the rails and mounting bracket off the factory seats, but if you are buying them for weight reduction, it sort of defeats the purpose. The stock seats are actually quite light, but the rails and mounting bracket they are bolted to are heavier than the mood at a funeral. You can tell when you take the whole assembly out, all the weight is at the bottom, in the bracket. If you're just getting racing seats for lateral support, the stock rails/mounting bracket will do fine, but if you want lightweight racing seats, building your own bracket out of aluminum would probably be the best way to go. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
wo wo wo wo dont waste ur money on ebay apc pieces of crap lmfoa ... just finda wrecked srt-4 and get front and back seats so they match! and if u want the racing seat belt holes ... then get acr seats for the front! the front and back seats of a srt-4 bolt right in first gen neons! and will look sweet as ****!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Yeah, they do bolt right in... but are pretty expensive, even used, and dont really save any weight. ;)

But I cant argue with you about their looks... they are sweet.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
yea they are nice as hell snug too but wieght wise let me tell u the front seats are not light lol... well pretty much same weight as stock 1st gens but alot taller and more acward... n my opion $400 for 2 leather racing seats and a matching back seat aint bad considdering for 2 hard ass seats on ebay its about same price lol

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont really care about the weight
just looking for some seats that look nice
anything would be better than the factory camel tan colored ones I have
but I dont want cheap seat covers, I figure if i'm going to change it i'd rather buy nice seats

besides I love the viper seats in the SRT-4 i find them more comfortable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.