DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it was a V6 but so what? I was on my way home and I see this "Riced out, or Flamed out" mustang go by me at an intersection. It was going the way I was so I was like oh man I hope this light hurries. Well it finally turns green, and I fly to catch up to him and finally I do. And we get to a red light, and that is when I really got a good look at the car. It was sooo gay, it had the "R" signs on it, with the flames all covering the "R's". So I stop at the light, and he stops like 15 feet behind me. Now I have nothing against Mexicans, but this guy was one and I just love what they do to their cars. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of mexican friends and I have nothing wrong with them. Anyways, it's toally riced out and crap and I look back in my mirror, and notice that he is like slowly rolling up to me at the light, like he wants to get the jump or something. Well since he stopped like 15 feet back, I didn't know if he was going to race me or not. So the light turns green, and he guns it and I hear his tires squeel. So I stomp on it, and by then his back bumper is even with my front bumper, and by the end of first gear, i was at least a car length past him. So I think he gave up after that cuz he just fell back, and by the way, he never caught back up to me the whole time he was behind me:)I was trying to go slow enough for him to catch up, but he just kept going slower too. Sorry to go on guys, I'm just happy I beat a mustang thats all. Pat.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Way to kick his ass. :buttkick: I cannot WAIT for a race. Damn, it hasn't happened yet. I've lined up with a few that I thought were gonna give 'er but they pussied out - almost like they saw the Hemi badge or the plate and changed their mind. But, it's gonna happen. :drivingz:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah dude me too, i was next to a new f-150 the other day and he was edging up at the light and he didn't go, I was pissed. I am seriously thinking about taking off my hemi badge too , just so these puss bags will try:)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Can't remember the last time anyone tried to race me. Maybe it was when I changed the exhaust back to stock. :crazy:

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
a kill is a kill though i'm still a mustang man. :D

btw, i hate it when i see those riced out stangs. The Mexicans do have it the worse when it comes to that. Then you have the few in between that do it as well.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
theres a kid at my school with a yellow mustang convertible with a v6.. he just thinks he's so damn cool in that mustang.. annoys me every time i see it, i couldnt get off the line if i were to race him.. but his car aint that bad!

·
Tape On
829 Posts
So what's him being Mexican have anything to do with this?

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
wondering that myself

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Yea I think it is pretty funny too. Ive seen mexicans with aluminum wings on mustangs and the rims on backwards on trucks so they stick out past the fender. What are they thinking..... not to mention they are the worst drivers off all time. You know when one is infront of you when they are driving 30 in a 55. Either that or its my grandmother. haha. Sorry mom-mom....

BB

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
DonRam said:
I beat this today :tup:

Of course, I wasn't aware we were racing at the time.
Ive beat one of those... what ever they are. Gremlin or whatever. However i wasnt in my truck i was on my bicycle. My legs make more horse power than that thing. LMAO!!! :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
drsoffroad
249 Posts
For those too young to remember, DonRam posted a pic of a Ford Pinto. The hatchback like the one pictured was accused of exploding when hit from behind (by a van doing 60 and a full tank of gas in the Pinto) and Ford got sued. Probably not Ford's fault, but they had the deep pockets and the greiving family wanted someone to blame. Hate to admit it, but I had one of them as my first car, though mine was a wagon, brown, auto. Only redeeming quality was that the back seat folded down;)

2.3 liter 4cyl, max speed right around 80mph. From the grill on the pic Don posted that is a pre-78 (well, my 76 had the same grill). Yeah, you could out accelerate them with most anything, 'cept a Plymouth Duster with a slant 6. Proof that kids will race anything with anything.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
drsoffroad said:
Proof that kids will race anything with anything.
:thatfunny
This morning on another forum I saw a post about a kid racing his Plymouth Acclaim against his buddy's older model Lincoln Navigator. I honestly don't know who would win that one! It's a lightweight K-car with virtually no power versus a sherman tank with 300 horses. :help: lol

·
drsoffroad
249 Posts
Well, the other funny thing is that Ford had the same idea, but more money and a RandD staff they called SVO. They took the 2.3 4cylinder and put it in a mid 80s Mustang, gave it an intercooled turbo and big brakes, tires and sway bars. Huge turbo lag, but damn those would go in a straight line and turn in like nobody's business.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hey curious about the mexican question. is it just mexican's or all hispanics???? I mean if some one is born oh let say in one of the other countries south of mexico are they still bad drivers that rice out crappy cars??? or what if they are born here in the U.S. ? just wondering.

·
drsoffroad
249 Posts
I've heard the Costa Ricans are pretty good at customizing rigs, but only Chrysler products with Hemis.

On a serious note, the current Hemis are built in Mexico, so to will the 6.1 Hemis. Hmmmmmmmmm?!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
So you guys need to line up against a V8 mustang?
I would advise against it. I'm not saying you'll get killed, but the mustang will win. I have a '97 GT, and my brother-in-law has an '04 Ram with a HEMI. It was probably the hardest run, I've had in my car. I did come out in front, but I gotta say that truck is FAST!!! I'm not the kind to say I win all the time either. I've lost in my car to, dare I say... a Cheby. The #$%& Camaro was a Z28.
However in Dodge's defense, my brother-in-law's Ram is a Quad cab 4X4. I'm sure that adds a lot of weight, which helped me out, but like you guys said... "a kill is a kill." I'm kinda curious what would happen against a 2wd, Reg cab, with a HEMI. If I see one (and I'm not in my truck), you better beleave I'll line up with it. I'm excited to see how that turns out. A coworker is talking about getting one, and I'm sure if he does, it's on.
Oh and by the way... my car has NO rice (must be because I'm not Mexican?). If I can ever figure out how to add a gallery to my profile, I'll include some pictures of it, and of corse my Ram. Anyway...
Happy hunting guys. I'd say most everything out there is EASY pickens for that 5.7L. Rock on. :rck:

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
Shots said:
So you guys need to line up against a V8 mustang?
I would advise against it. I'm not saying you'll get killed, but the mustang will win. I have a '97 GT, and my brother-in-law has an '04 Ram with a HEMI. It was probably the hardest run, I've had in my car. I did come out in front, but I gotta say that truck is FAST!!! I'm not the kind to say I win all the time either. I've lost in my car to, dare I say... a Cheby. The #$%& Camaro was a Z28.
However in Dodge's defense, my brother-in-law's Ram is a Quad cab 4X4. I'm sure that adds a lot of weight, which helped me out, but like you guys said... "a kill is a kill." I'm kinda curious what would happen against a 2wd, Reg cab, with a HEMI. If I see one (and I'm not in my truck), you better beleave I'll line up with it. I'm excited to see how that turns out. A coworker is talking about getting one, and I'm sure if he does, it's on.
Oh and by the way... my car has NO rice (must be because I'm not Mexican?). If I can ever figure out how to add a gallery to my profile, I'll include some pictures of it, and of corse my Ram. Anyway...
Happy hunting guys. I'd say most everything out there is EASY pickens for that 5.7L. Rock on. :rck:
Your car is a 97 which has non-PI heads and cams. High 14's at best. a Slightly modified regular cab 4x2 Hemi should be just as fast. But of course stock for stock you should be faster. (assuming you can drive).

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
I think I can, but don't we all think we can? :D
That's exactly what I'm talking about though... stock for stock. I have a few minor upgrades (exhaust, intake, the usual), but I still would like to race a reg cab 2wd. I really think it would be close. I'm not ashamed if I lose to a bigger engine, but I think I can drive well enough to take one. It would be fun either way.
So how are you guys doing against Chlepy Silverados? I beat one the other day in my 4.7L, but something had to be off with him. Doesn't that have a 5.4, or something like that? I guess it's possible he wasn't really trying that hard, but it seemed like he was. What's the scoop with these guys? If I even stood a chance you guys must be killing them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.