DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my buddy were rolling through town in the hemi chasing after some girls. They went through the stop light and i had to stop and an orange rc daytona pulled up next to me. Still had the T tags on it. Well the light turns green and none of us go. So we are rolling about 20 and i see him punch it and by the time is see him go im already at his back bumper. So i punch is and before i knew it we were dead even going about 60 before we had to let off. And i knew he was on it because his window was down and he had his tach pinned. And i have a quad cab. This just proves the an intake, exhaust, hypertech, IAT mod, and Jetstream do the HEMI good!!!

So at the next light i cut off an 18-wheeler to get next to him and the light and the rig driver wasnt very happy. oh well i wanted to race. This is a guy about 40 and he had his young daughter in the truck. So i rev up to him and he revs back. I go on green but he doesnt and im rolling 60 down the high way and i see him coming up fast so i punch it and he catches up to me and then i start pulling away and he topped out at 105 and i kept on going to about 115 before i let off it... i can tell he was surprised and i let off it and left him go by me and i turned around and headed home. He gave me the thumbs up and went on.

Surprisingly with a few mods a QC can hang with a RC that even has an exhaust and both were 2wd. Well im happy becasue now my QC can hang with any stock or slightly modded RC. Sorry for the long thread. But i like to have fun. :rck:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Now get ready for a bunch of do-gooders to nail you for street racing.
P.S. Good job!

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fmdog44 said:
Now get ready for a bunch of do-gooders to nail you for street racing.
P.S. Good job!
Yea its a shame they just dont know how to have fun. But it also proves that these mods do help our trucks and they arent phony hp claims because i can tell first hand. My truck couldnt come close stock vs. a stock rc hemi. If they want to bash me then so be it. They just dont know what they are missing

BB

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Well I Didn't buy a Hemi to drive slow. Nice to see simple mods making a difference sice they';re the only kinda I can afford. I wonder if the daytona had the 3.92 or the 3.55.

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
Even though he was red lining his engine if it still had temp tags on the truck the milage could be real low and the power train still be real tight.
Not doubting your kill or your mods.
A kill is a kill is a kill.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Why would you put your life in jeopardy by messing with a 40 ton rig in your little 2 ton truck? You need to spend a day going for a ride in a big truck and you will learn to respect them. Just because we have 18 wheels don't mean we can stop 4 and a half times as fast as you. We usually weigh 10 times as much so it means we have less that half the stopping power you do.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Told ya!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
hehhe... Mods do make a difference.. Now If you will excuse me, Im gonna pull up a chair and watch the Flame war that is inevidably about to ensue.......

:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
dskirtech said:
hehhe... Mods do make a difference.. Now If you will excuse me, Im gonna pull up a chair and watch the Flame war that is inevidably about to ensue.......

:)
haha....ill get the popcorn

·
Registered
155 Posts
rtes said:
A kill is a kill is a kill.
Didn't Emily Brompton say that?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
fmdog44 said:
Told ya!
I didn't say anything about the street racing, it was the bragging about cutting off a big rig that got my hair up.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Got my seat, a coke and some POP-CORN...

Your should know better than to go faster than the POSTED speed limit in your truck that was not built to go fast but built to tow and haul stuff... what the heck where you thinking.... thats a PASSENGER work truck not a PASSENGER RACE truck....LOL

I just thought I would speed things up...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AIR_RAM said:

Your should know better than to go faster than the POSTED speed limit in your truck that was not built to go fast but built to tow and haul stuff... what the heck where you thinking.... thats a PASSENGER work truck not a PASSENGER RACE truck....LOL

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Geeze Nick you just had to say something... and as for the 18 wheeler he was coming up to a light and he was empty and only doing about 5 mph... ive been in a rig many time he was just pissed i beat him to the light its not that he couldnt stop. He had the 3.92 because it had the 20's and you have to get them if you have the 20's and the HEMI.

BB

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
AIR_RAM said:

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Where is v6ram he could go days about street racing and going over the posted speed limit.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
HemiRamOn20s said:
Geeze Nick you just had to say something... and as for the 18 wheeler he was coming up to a light and he was empty and only doing about 5 mph... ive been in a rig many time he was just pissed i beat him to the light its not that he couldnt stop. He had the 3.92 because it had the 20's and you have to get them if you have the 20's and the HEMI.

BB
Nice back pedal :D First you cut him off now he was only doing 5 MPH and he was empty :huh:

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Only 16 posts in 20 hours? You guys are getting soft! :crazy: :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
I didn't say anything about the street racing, it was the bragging about cutting off a big rig that got my hair up.
I had a 40 ton 18 wheeler cut me off in a construction zone wed morning on my way to work. He was speeding in the left lane and evidently decided he liked my spot (right lane) better than his. It was either him or the lighted white construction barricades (3). And the S.O.B. didn't even stop. So I bet one of your counter parts is bragging how he cut off a Hemi. Now I need a new right front quater panel, new passenger side step bar, muffler and exhuast pipes and a paint job. I've seen more 18 wheelers fall asleep and plow through stoplights than I care to think about. They are no more carefull or patient drivers than any of us. All this Rightousness is B.S.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ram3500Dually said:
The term cuttin off was referring to getting infront of him at the light not like i pulled out infront of him and he had to slow down he was almost stopped anyways. But lets stay on topic.

BB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.