DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
LMAO Nope! Try to place this in the classified section here on DT you might have a better chance at selling them. BTW I already have them wheels on my 98 and I frikin hate them!!!!!!! I hope you didn't go any bigger! LOL Those heavy ass 16's and 205/50's are too damn big for me! They handle like shit and go too slow.

BTW I have 4 good rims if you want to buy them LMAO..........Later

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hate them too.... and the small bend i didn't want to chance driving on anymore. and it was hard to find one wheel for a good price. so i went to some konig theory 15's on my 04 r/t. (got a badass deal on them...40$ a wheel) lot better with the 15's... the only thing i hate is the massive wheel gap i got now but that should be getting fixed sometime in the spring hopefully. :D

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Talk about wheel gap! LOL My Neon sits lower than yours and the 14's look really small.
And talk about performance~~ It's night and day! I can't wait to get my winter treads so I can drive on the 14's again!!! :crazy

·
Registered
890 Posts
dodgeneonACR98, I do believe you were warned about those 16's. LOL

I had some '01 R/T wheels. They lasted on my car an entire day!!! Sold them in a hurry too.

I have some 15" '03 SXT wheels in my shed that I'm thinking about selling.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
EZ4u2CHere said:
dodgeneonACR98, I do believe you were warned about those 16's. LOL
:thatfunny :thatfunny LMFAO You are exactlly right!!!! I should have listened too!!! LOL I love how they look on the car but they are shit for performance. LOL

I would like to try out some 15's! They got to be better than the 16's. What was the 15's like on your car EZ? Did they take away from performance compared to the 14's? Or was it not noticeable as much as the 16's? You can bet I heed the warning this time. HAHA!

I actually stop and ask people I don't even know if they would like to buy them or trade even up for their 15's. LOL no takers yet tho. :gr_patrio

I will be getting the winter treads soon so my slow car will be fast again in a few weeks!!!! WHOOT WHOOT! LOL

Also I am going to write up a post on bigger rims and tires. I will note the high's and low's about going bigger. Plus the difference in tire treads and compounds. Some of it I will take from my builders hand book. Once the thread is complete and we have a good "solid" post with nothing left to chance I will make it a sticky. I hope it will end alot of the tire and wheel questions that we answer sooooooooo many times. Later bud

·
Registered
890 Posts
dodgeneonACR98 said:
What was the 15's like on your car EZ? Did they take away from performance compared to the 14's? Or was it not noticeable as much as the 16's? You can bet I heed the warning this time. HAHA!
Actually I haven't had 15's on my '96. I had them on my '95 and really didn't notice a difference. I plan on putting 15's on my '96 once I eat up these tires, which should be soon. I just don't know if I'm going to put use the 15's that I have now, or if I'm going to splurge and buy some light weight 15" x 7" Rotas slipstreams. I believe they're only 12lbs each. I don't care about the looks, I just need the handling performance for autocross.

http://18racing.com/wheel_slipstream.html

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
I believe they're only 12lbs each.
Thats all you need to hear right there. Id sell the other rims if I could get those! I bet you see alot of diff. I imagine they will perform better than the stock 14's. Not to mention your cutting off seconds with a few lbs here and there. Hope you get em.

BTW how is your Autocross doing?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Easier said than done. Rims that I already have vs. spend $470 for new rims. LOL
Yeah, I might try and sell the one's I have and put that money towards the Rotas.

Autocross is going great! Currently in 1st place in my region with 2 more events left in the season.

I'm racing with the Porsche club tomorrow. This will be my 5th time racing with/against them. I have yet to be beat by a Porsche!!! I love it when at the end of the day you see my POS neon sitting next to a $50k+ car, but the trophy is on the hood of my neon. LOL

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
It is easier said than done! I just figured that the hard core racer in you didn't give a crap if it cost a few pennies! LMAO.....

Glad to hear the races are going good for ya. I also hope you whoop up on the Porsche. It is a wonderfull feeling to finish ahead of the competition especially when they are 3 times the price!!!!!! LMAO :rck Seems kinda stupid to buy a 60K car to race and it getts its ass kicked by a 15K car.

LOL: I guess it's one of those times where you don't get what you pay for.
And on the other hand we got more than we expected for the price!

·
Registered
5 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
Easier said than done. Rims that I already have vs. spend $470 for new rims. LOL
Yeah, I might try and sell the one's I have and put that money towards the Rotas.

Autocross is going great! Currently in 1st place in my region with 2 more events left in the season.

I'm racing with the Porsche club tomorrow. This will be my 5th time racing with/against them. I have yet to be beat by a Porsche!!! I love it when at the end of the day you see my POS neon sitting next to a $50k+ car, but the trophy is on the hood of my neon. LOL
Those would make great pictures!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well, I held my ground. I ran a 57.7 and the best time for any of the Porsches was '97 993 C2 Cabriolet with a 58.3.

With the PAX Score though, it makes it worse. PAX for the neon in STS is .797 and PAX for the 993 in AS is .831. So the real PAX times are

neon: 45.98
993: 48.44

There's usually a 2001 Turbo 911 out there too. I guess $100k and 400+ hp just isn't enough. LOL

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Good Job! Glad to hear you spanked those overpriced POS's. They are an ugly car IMHO. Woohoo another win for the Neon......You just can't beat these Neons in road race.

Rice said:
By more than one person.
Took ya long enough to see that!
I will be on the 14's b4 long. Gotta get winter tires unless I just waste the Kumho's this winter and get some 40's next spring. They should make it faster than the 50's.
We shall see. I been trying to get rid of them! Don't have any buyers yet, everyone says I dont have no money. BOOHOO anyhow right at the moment Id trade them for something. LOL Maybe a gun! LOL Later

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Also I am going to write up a post on bigger rims and tires. I will note the high's and low's about going bigger. Plus the difference in tire treads and compounds. Some of it I will take from my builders hand book. Once the thread is complete and we have a good "solid" post with nothing left to chance I will make it a sticky. I hope it will end alot of the tire and wheel questions that we answer sooooooooo many times.
ACR,

I would love to read this post! I put my stock size studded tires on my rims and am planning to buy summer tires and rims in the spring. This info would be invaluable!

Do you get a fair amount of snow where you are and how does having your car lowered affect travel in the winter?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
His car isnt lowered. True, its slightly lower than a normal neon due to the Koni struts they put on the acr's, but its only by like 0.2 inches or something.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
It's hit or miss on the snow here in WV sometimes we get a couple feet at a time and some winters we don't see that much all year. To answer that question tho! The more ground clearance you have the better off you are in snow, mudd ect.

Rice is right my car is stock susp wise! Running on my 14's the car sitts noticably lower than others of the same yr/body style. Impossible to get under it without a jack or ramps. I drag something awfull going up car ramps unless I get the car up a little higher than the bottom of the ramp. 2nd gens look alot higher to me than any 1st gen.

Looks like I need to get busy on this post of mine aye! I will work on it this week end if I get a few min to sit here! You will see the new post! Later

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.